NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   New BP here, the quick story (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/19068-bp-quick-story.html)

BonKers 05-07-2007 01:00 AM

New BP here, the quick story

Hello,
Call me BonKers cause that's how I've been feeling lately:) Newly diagnosed (but long-suspected) BP. I am a 47 year old female (as the nickname gives you no clue) trying to come to terms with this diagnosis and my new medical status, life in transition.The meds are finally kicking in today and I feel "normal" for the first time in 3 months after my first full-blown manic episode in January which left me jobless (but, miraculously, with 10 months severance) and deeply depressed. Today I have a sense of hope and renewed interest in life after being suicidal on a daily basis for 3 very long months. I found this site last night and it was comforting. It's good to be here.

Mari 05-07-2007 02:04 AM

Welcome, Bonkers,

Good news about feeling "normal." :)
I'm 44 -- was diagnosed almost 20 years ago.

It gets easier with time. Really.
Mari

shiney sue 05-07-2007 02:13 AM

I glad you are feeling better,and it does get better. Much happiness.
A Feeling of hope yes that's wonderfull:) :) Sue

fiberowendy2000 05-07-2007 06:08 AM

I was just diagnosed in October so I know what that feels like. Knowing something is wrong and finally getting a name put on it and help.
Hopefully the meds start making you feel more normal soon.

MM's Mom 05-07-2007 06:35 AM

Hi Bonkers. I have been tentatively diagnosed for about a year...basically my docs call me mood disorder NOS, but probably some form of bipolar. Been on Seroquel for about a year and it saved my life, truly. Thank God for a doctor who cared enough to fish around for a diagnosis when everyone else just threw drugs at me.

Glad to hear you are feeling better, and hope the meds level things out for you.

moose53 05-07-2007 09:40 AM

Hi, ((((((BonKers)))))) <<-- those are hugs

I'm not a BP (I'm a borderline personality disorder). So, I'm sort of a 'cousin' I guess.

A trigger is when you talk about something that might upset someone who's mentally fragile -- for example, talk about anger or hospitalization or suicide.

Basically, if you just surround yourself with the love and caring that comes from this forum, you'll be ok.

Welcome!! Hugs.

Barb

bizi 05-07-2007 04:52 PM

Welcome Bonkers!
Glad that you are feeling better...feeling awful is awful...
there is alot of info at the stickie at the top of this page about mental health issues, web links and medication assistance programs and other info....
bizi:welcome_sign:

BonKers 05-08-2007 12:38 AM

Thanks! I kind of had an idea but wanted to be sure!

befuddled2 05-08-2007 01:17 AM

Welcome Bonkers,

I am 51 and have been bi-polar since early 20's. Nice to meet you.

befuddled2

Pamster 05-08-2007 10:08 AM

Hi BonKers, nice to meet you. I'm 38 and have had a dx of BP II for about three years. I think I might have known it sooner, like back in 99' and 2000 when seeing the previous T I saw before my current T. I'm glad you joined us. I think it's a great forum to call home. :) Welcome to NT's BP forum. :D