NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   My favorite holiday movie is... (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/66964-favorite-holiday-movie.html)

mom2five 12-19-2008 05:45 PM

My favorite holiday movie is...

At our house, we HAVE to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart. It's tradition. I love the reminder to be grateful for what we have, trials and all. It's just a part of our journey...and everbody is SOMEBODY IMPORTANT!

Merry Christmas, everyone! :hug:

watsonsh 12-19-2008 07:28 PM

Love Actually with Hugh Grant!

SallyC 12-19-2008 07:37 PM

The Christmas Story with Darrin Mcgavin. It takes me back to the late Forties, when I was a Kid. "You're gonna put somebody's eye out with that BB gun". :D

weegot5kiz 12-19-2008 08:02 PM

the original A Christmas Carol

Twinkletoes 12-19-2008 11:47 PM

Yeah, its gotta be Its a Wonderful Life. Always gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling inside. :)

prettypearlgirl 12-20-2008 01:38 AM

I love the cartoon version of A Christmas Carol with Mr. Magoo!! The music is terrific and it just wouldn't seem like christmas if I didn't watch it. My other all time favorite is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase!!! That movie just cracks me up:D!!!

Carolyn :wink:

thecatsmeow 12-20-2008 02:04 AM

I absolutely love White Christmas! I watch it while wrapping presents or just to get in the mood to wrap presents. Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye are two of my favorites.

Joyce

ali12 12-20-2008 07:40 AM

I hope you all have a GREAT Christmas and that you get everything you wished for and more!! I also hope that 2009 is a great year for us all health wise!!

The movie that we tend to watch each year is Love Actually - I love that movie and so does all of my family so we all usually watch it together whilst eating lots of nice candy lol! I also like watching the movie, 'Santa Clause 2' - that is always on the TV over here!!!

I love the Sound Of Music also - it always brings a smile and tears to my face and over here in the UK, it is always on every Christmas day in the afternoon!!

Best wishes to you all and a very merry Christmas!!:hug:

braingonebad 12-20-2008 10:46 AM

I like a few, none more than the next. But the birds' fave was Edward Scissorhands. They do not understand dancing snowmen and talking reindeer, but somehow a guy with blades for fingers is perfectly ok with them.

This year I'm showing them The Grinch with Jim Carey. I think they'll like it.

Curious 12-20-2008 11:21 AM

this year it's Shrek the Halls and Fred Claus. Grandmonkey watches them over and over.

i'm a fan of all the old claymation ones. i hear berl ives and i know christmas is here.

brain, my kids didn't like the jim carey grinch. they thought it was too scarey. have you watched it?