NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   SSI bluebook (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/158283-ssi-bluebook.html)

ryushie 09-30-2011 07:10 AM

SSI bluebook

If you are thinking about filing for SSI and are not sure if what you have is considered Disablity .. Please go to their web site and look at the disablity listings,
if you have one of their (listed illnesses) on their site chances are you wont need a lawyer too get your claim approved.. Just make sure you follow what your doctor prescribes for you in the way of tests to prove what you have.
They can not argue with tests results.
Best of Luck
Ryushie

Janke 09-30-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryushie (Post 810724)
If you are thinking about filing for SSI and are not sure if what you have is considered Disablity .. Please go to their web site and look at the disablity listings,
if you have one of their (listed illnesses) on their site chances are you wont need a lawyer too get your claim approved.. Just make sure you follow what your doctor prescribes for you in the way of tests to prove what you have.
Best of Luck
Ryushie

You have to have the named condition AND the severity of symptoms listed. Not just the named condition. But it is a very good section to read about how your condition is evaluated and what your test results have to show.

SSDIHelp 09-30-2011 12:09 PM

Equals blue book listing

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryushie (Post 810724)
Best of Luck
Ryushie

It is just not that illnesses listed in the bluebook, http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/ ,
that quallify for SSI or SSDI. Any illness that equals the severity of a listed illness also qualifies. See the 5 steps of how a claim is evaluated on the SSA.gov website.
Respectfully,
Trudi

jana 09-30-2011 04:39 PM

I HAVE the "named condition" and the "severity of symptoms" listed in the Adult Impairments list on the Soc. Sec. website. And, I was STILL denied the first time. I got a lawyer -- who fully expected to have to take my case before a judge -- but, I was rather QUICKLY approved the second go-round via mail.

My lawyer DID say that IF your doctor(s) don't use the SPECIFIC wording that Soc. Sec. wants/expects, you can be denied. He sent forms for my doctors to fill out.

BTW, I've heard rumors of ALS patients being denied in my state -- and that is supposed to be a "for sure". :(

LIT LOVE 10-03-2011 12:52 AM

Reading ALL of the Listed Impairmists is a darn good idea. It serves as a good sample of the info SS is looking for, and applicants can pull out whats is relateable to their situation. But, this is a just fraction of what a person needs to research to make sure they don't make serious errors.

There are many applicants that can handle their application without an attorney or other professional help, but there are many that are not. Anyone filing with a severe mental impairment, probably should seek some help. There are non-profits that even provide these services for no charge.

For those that are at the beginning of the process (many attorneys won't even agree to taking on a client until farther on in the process) there is rarely going to be much backpay involved, so the attorney won't receive a significant fee anyway.

rod_1965 10-04-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jana (Post 810872)
I HAVE the "named condition" and the "severity of symptoms" listed in the Adult Impairments list on the Soc. Sec. website. And, I was STILL denied the first time. I got a lawyer -- who fully expected to have to take my case before a judge -- but, I was rather QUICKLY approved the second go-round via mail.

My lawyer DID say that IF your doctor(s) don't use the SPECIFIC wording that Soc. Sec. wants/expects, you can be denied. He sent forms for my doctors to fill out.

BTW, I've heard rumors of ALS patients being denied in my state -- and that is supposed to be a "for sure". :(

I actually got approved by a listing and I know thats hard to do but I gave my doctor a copy of the listings and I asked him to write a narrative letter using SSA language and it worked at the hearing level.

LIT LOVE 10-05-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rod_1965 (Post 812070)
I actually got approved by a listing and I know thats hard to do but I gave my doctor a copy of the listings and I asked him to write a narrative letter using SSA language and it worked at the hearing level.

I'm confused by your post. Are you under the impression you were at a disadvantage with a listed impairment?

Getting approved with a listed impairment, should in theory be easier, but the SSD process is too chock full of variables to make outcomes reliable.