NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   back from scs surgery (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/58614-scs-surgery.html)

lostmary 11-02-2008 08:20 PM

back from scs surgery

Hi all,

Well, It's been a little over a week and a half since I had the total scs revision. Wow, I had forgotten how much it hurt:eek: I have about 60 staples in my back, butt, and side. They will come out in a few days. Doc had to open the old incision to remove the old unit and open new areas for the new unit. I really think that I'm feeling better this time then the last. the scs is working great, and I think I love it even more this time. I know if a few days or so, I'm going to start feeling better and I still have to be careful not to stretch, bend, twist, reach, etc. all the normal restrictions for this surgery. I do know that the rsd has spread to my butt on both sides, but my dr. put the lead in much higher so it can cover that area along with both legs and feet. I'm thinking of asking both my dr. and the scs rep if they have any type of support group for other who have this. If not, maybe I could get one going thru the hospital. It's just a thought. well, it is still really painful to sit in bed, so I'm gonna close up and watch tv. talk to everyone later.

Hugs
Mary
:grouphug:

loretta 11-03-2008 01:38 AM

Hi Mary,
Thank you so much for letting us know how you are since surgery. Glad you didn't have any complications. Support groups are wonderful. I belonged to some even before RSD. If you can't find SCS group, there usually is, i can't think of work, but ongoing pain or pain management. Anyway, I'm sorry you've had so much spread and pain. I see a pychiatrist, neuro. pharmacologist once a month for an hour. helps me a lot. I belong to a RSD support group, but can't get there very much.
Good news, my daughter and son-in-law that moved away a year ago are moving back this month. He is going to commute till he can get a transfer. She has been commuting for a few months now for her job.
BE GOOD, no stretching or no no's. take care, Loretta

ali12 11-03-2008 07:04 AM

Thank you so much for letting us know how you got on with your surgery Mary .... I had been thinking of you and hoping you were ok. I'm glad the surgery went well and that you didn't develop any complications. I really hope your pain settles down soon :hug:. Am keeping you in my thoughts and please keep us updated when you can. Love, Alison.

Jomar 11-03-2008 12:48 PM

Mary , I hope you recovery goes great and the scs keeps on working well for you.:grouphug:
It's always great to read when someone has found something to help them.

kejbrew 11-07-2008 08:34 PM

Hello Mary,

It is so good to learn that your surgery went well and that you are on the mend. It sounds like you are zippered up pretty good, huh?

Take care of yourself and get better soon. I will keep you in my prayers. :hug:

Best regards,

EJ :cool:

coleen h 11-08-2008 09:04 PM

test

test test test

loretta 11-10-2008 01:46 AM

Hi Coleen h and welcome!
I live in Arizona too. About 10 years now. My husband lived in Cottonwood when he was in first grade. small world huh? I'm sorry you are here if you have RSD. It's tough isn't it.But you will find a lot of support here. Friends here are more than willing to answer questions and try to help. I've read lots of good information here and learned so much. I live in Scottsdale. I've had RSD 12 years, starting the day after surgery. Wasn't diagnosed for at least 4 years. Have it full body now. Where do you go for treatment?
Do you have a Dr. familiar with RSD? That's a tough one isn't it. My Dr. is moving, so I'll be searching soon for a new Dr. Take care and just ask if any of us can do anything, Loretta