NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Computers and Technology (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/)
-   -   Microsoft Data Access (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/47045-microsoft-data-access.html)

SandyC 06-02-2008 02:49 PM

Microsoft Data Access

I am trying to view Jim's xrays on cd. It says for me to log out and back in as administrator. I did this and the cd still wont let me see the films. I have tried downloading from the website, the cd, etc...nothing.

I am running Vista. Any ideas how to view these cd's? :confused:

SandyC 06-02-2008 07:41 PM

I found the problem after contacting tech support at the radiology department. Apparently this is an issue with Vista and the software company hasn't updated or provided a patch to fix the problem. They will call me back when they speak to the company. So, now I have my fingers crossed that the doctor didn't upgrade to Vista. haha

Thanks to anyone who read or tried to help.

Riverwild 06-11-2008 12:38 AM

Sandy, I have the same problems with my MRI CDs. I cannot view them in Vista. The program that allows viewing only works in EVERY other OS known to man...except Vista!!!:mad:

Have I said lately how much I hate Vista???:cool:

Koala77 06-11-2008 12:45 AM

For those who've upgraded to Vista, I wonder if there's any way you can download your old XP disc that you have left over from your last PC, without having to toss Vista completely?

Do I assume correctly that it would be impossible to have them both and click between them?

Before you tell me that's dumb, I already know I'm hopeless at this stuff, but sometimes dumb ideas do actually work. :p

My DD told me to hang onto my XP disc and when I get my new PC I could download XP onto it and not have to do Vista if I don't want to.

Friend2U 06-11-2008 12:46 AM

I don't know what the answer is, but I have heard SO MANY complaints about Vista!:( I hope you get it worked out...that can be so frustrating.

SandyC 06-11-2008 08:08 AM

I actually like my Vista but there are definitely issues. Reminds me of the time I upgraded to Windows 98 and all my devices stopped working. Of course it was an excuse to get something new but I never found a scanner like my old one. So far, my latest scanner doesn't work with Vista and now the radiology cd issue. Ugh.

Someone tell me why they don't understand how important it is to provide a patch so Vista will work on our stuff. Especially the medical stuff. If a doctor upgrades to Vista there will be thousands unable to read medical cd's. The VA radiology computer tech assured me he was speaking to the company to get an upgrade. I was his second call that week about Vista. We tested the cd's on XP and they worked fine.