NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   OT for Greg or Steve...anyone else (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/26233-ot-greg-steve-else.html)

Virginia Therese 08-18-2007 08:10 PM

OT for Greg or Steve...anyone else

We first met a couple, Scott and Cera, at the original BrainTalkCommunities Forum a number of years ago, and kept in very close contact via e-mail for a very, very long time...had become really close friends even at such a distance. We communicated regularly...keeping up with each other's lives..even chatting at MSN Messenger at least 2-3 times a week. They now have 3 little ones...Brandon, Kelly and Lindsey. They have very suddenly just disappeared...no communication at all and no way to contact them because their e-mail addresses are no longer in existence. We are just very concerned about Scott and Cera and we thought if anyone had had any contact with them recently, we would just appreciate knowing that they're "ok". We seem to remember Greg and Steve having been involved at BTC during Scott's involvement, there, and probably others of you, too. If any of you can share any information with us, we would so appreciate it...thank you ....

Therese

stevem53 08-18-2007 08:16 PM

Therese..I dont seem to recall Scott and Cera..I joined BT in Dec 2004

Virginia Therese 08-18-2007 08:52 PM

Thanks, Steve

I guess Scott and Cera were "before your time", Steve. In fact, I'm fairly sure that they left BTC a few years before 2004. For some reason, I just thought that you had been there when they were there...just such nice young people. When we first "met" them at BTC, they were expecting their first baby...the next year, their second...and the NEXT year, their third!
I always was so amazed at their courage...two very young people bringing 3 little ones into the world and raising them...especially with Scott having PD...but, he was truly such a good husband and father despite all the difficulties he was encountering with the PD. I believe he was dx'd at age 35 or so...just the nicest guy you'd ever want to know...terrific sense of humor despite all he was suffering. Gee, Steve...I bet you didn't expect a "dissertation" in reponse to your very nice, prompt response to my post...thanks so much for that, Steve...

Therese

Stitcher 08-18-2007 09:57 PM

I remember Scott and Cera when she was pregnant the first time...twins maybe...don't remember. They were both a part of BT for a long time, several years ago. I was with BT since 2000.

Surely some of the older member of BT will remember them. I know GregW would remember them for sure. :)

Thelma 08-18-2007 10:37 PM

Jaye and Paula will remember them and so do I. He was off site friends with someone called Bear somethilng or other who poted here a lot back then.

Scott was the one who did what Stevem is doing now and if I am not wrong preceeded Jaye in the same job. I can't remember their last name now.

GregD 08-19-2007 06:21 AM

Scott and Cera

I remember Scott and Cera and have often wondered how Scott was getting along. I don't know how to get ahold of them.

GregD

Curious 08-20-2007 10:45 AM

scott and c used to go to the chatrooms a lot. i will send a few emails to people who might still be in touch.

Virginia Therese 08-20-2007 12:23 PM

Thank You

To all who responded to my inquiry about Scott and Cera...Steve, Greg, Thelma, Carolyn, Curious..I think I've remembered all...and yes, Curious...it was Scott who invited Doreen (my pwp) to the chat room...they use to chat there regularly. I have been attempting to register at BTC to see if anyone there might still be in touch although I doubt it because it seemed to us that Scott only kept in touch with us after leaving BTC... but, I have not been successful in registering. When I complete the data requested, i.e., birthdate, then PROCEED...it will not allow me to proceed. It's been frustrating, but I will persist.
Thanks, all, again for your responses....

Therese

GregW1 08-20-2007 05:16 PM

Hi - Yes I Remember Scott and Cera

They were at BT for years. I know Scott was either still working or had just gone on disability when they seemed to disappear shortly after Cera had her second Baby.

Unfortunately, I don't kow how to get in touch with them. BUT, if the "Bear" someone mentioned is "Racin' Bear," I have been in fairly recenty contact with him (last year) and I can ask him if he still in touch with them. As all have said, they were both very nice and seemed quite devoted to one another.

I'll get an email to Mike and see what I can find out, without invading their privacy.

GregW

Jaye 08-20-2007 08:35 PM

Just now seeing this.
Greg, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Thelma, it was Scott who had Rendezvous at the same time that I took over Chit Chat from Cloudy, who had it from Bob C, with GregW1 substituting occasionally. There had been some friction--I won't call it bad feeling because it wasn't--between the chatroom types (Scott's crew) and the more verbose bulletin board types (the Chit Chat crowd). Scott and I got together and merged the two into the Chatterbox Cafe, taking turns hosting it. interest in that waned, and I did Up Close and Personal for a while, but i wasn't an era for informal contact, and I stopped altogether.

Then you, Thelma, asked why we didn't have a check-in like some of the other boards, and I started up again with weekly check-in, which I later conferred on Steve, who is the best yet. I have met Steve in person, and he's as great a guy as you think he is. I also met Cloudy a couple of times and made lifelong (so far) friends with GregW1.

I have also had a couple of friends move recently whom i haven't heard from yet. It's a weird feeling. I'll will also try to connect with Scott.

Therese? Were you using another screen name in those days?

Otherwise, I think I got it mostly straight.

Jaye