NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Headache (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/)
-   -   Working on Day 4 (so far) (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/161190-day-4-a.html)

Dr. Smith 11-24-2011 02:35 PM

Working on Day 4 (so far)

This is day 4 of the worst I've had in quite a spell. I've had chronic headaches for going on ten years now, and they've usually been cervicogenic (CTTH), migraine (M), or a compound of both (CTTH/M). Occasionally, I may get a sinus headache or something virus-related, but this one is something new (Oh, joy.... :vomit: ). It passes in & out of a migraine phase, replete with nause and dizziness; otherwise it's a general all-over, whole-head, sick headache - reminescent of a hangover (but without any reason/justification) and is so far unresponsive to whatever I throw at it.

What... [apply negative pressure to it]s the most is that after two virtually sleepless nights, I got seven hours of blissless slumber and dreamt all night long, and in every dream I had this stinking headache.... :vomit:

Happy Thanksgiving,

Doc

Dr. Smith 11-25-2011 08:06 AM

Make that Day 5...

...and another sleepless night. :icon_cry:

mrsD 11-25-2011 08:37 AM

Do you have a blood pressure cuff?

I would get one, a manual one doesn't cost a whole lot. (about $20)

Severe persistent HA can be due to high blood pressure, and considering your hormone treatment...may be induced by hormones.

Dr. Smith 11-25-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 827468)
Severe persistent HA can be due to high blood pressure,

Thanks, but that's not it. My blood pressure rises as a result of headaches (or any pain flare) but otherwise it's between 105/60 & 115/75. The one & only thing I can do with all the biofeedback lessons I got is lower my BP by about 10 points within a few minutes.

At least part of this one is a pain/anxiety/insomnia cycle (that began after the HA did).

If it doesn't settle down by Mon, I'll head into the docs ofc.

Doc

Dr. Smith 12-17-2011 11:28 AM

Had a new one this morning....

I woke up in... I won't say agony - that's too severe - but definitely more pain (lumbar arthritis/DDD/stenosis) than anyone should wake up in - this morning. I needed help getting out of bed. I made it downstairs, and to my chair, and as I managed to ease myself down into it.... WHAMMO! :eek: A bolt of searing pain went up my spine from my lambar to my head and... instant migraine.

That was 7:30. It's almost 11:30, 2 maxalts, 2 coffees, and no relief yet. A migraine first thing in the morning can ruin your WHOLE day... :vomit:

Doc

razzle51 12-24-2011 02:34 PM

have you ever been checked for chiari malformation

Dr. Smith 01-04-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razzle51 (Post 835210)
have you ever been checked for chiari malformation

Probably, (I've had CT scans & MRIs) but looking over a few web pages, I doubt that that's the problem, but I've made a note to ask anyhoo. Thanks.

Doc