NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   If rsd goes full body what do u take for kidneys and heart then? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/96506-rsd-goes-body-kidneys-heart.html)

lexiemae1 08-05-2009 04:40 PM

If rsd goes full body what do u take for kidneys and heart then?

If RSD goes to internal organs, what added drugs do u have to take then?? Just curious?? I hope it hasn't with me but I sure am having trouble with all kinds of kidneys, heart rate, blood pressure, lots of stomach problems.. ETC etc ETC:vomit2::tongue:

loretta 08-05-2009 05:10 PM

Hi SunshineGirl,
I've had an EKG not normal,sent to a cardiologist, went thru all the studies. All normal. Last night, my heart rate was 130, blood pressure 117/71 I take two blood pressure meds. I messed up and ate some dark chocolate, high in anti-oxidants and forgot it has caffeine in it. I stopped coffee. The high heart rate was awful. Will be extra careful. I have to be careful with low blood pressure too. The para sympathetic nervous system can drop it fast. I passed out for hour and half.60/40 My Dr. says becareful about dropping you head, I'm care about washing hair, shopping, watch how I bend down checking things out. Had to have hubby come and get me.
For stomach I eat Dannon Activa yogurt, oatmeal, mild foods. I just had a thorough check up for kidneys, liver, heart. All Ok. I've had this 13 years . I don't have panic attacks anymore since lorazepam, anti-anxiety med. I have my own blood pressure monitor and check it regularly. They aren't expensive at Costco.
Take care of yourself, your friend, loretta

lexiemae1 08-05-2009 05:18 PM

Loretta

Quote:

Originally Posted by loretta (Post 547988)
Hi SunshineGirl,
I've had an EKG not normal,sent to a cardiologist, went thru all the studies. All normal. Last night, my heart rate was 130, blood pressure 117/71 I take two blood pressure meds. I messed up and ate some dark chocolate, high in anti-oxidants and forgot it has caffeine in it. I stopped coffee. The high heart rate was awful. Will be extra careful. I have to be careful with low blood pressure too. The para sympathetic nervous system can drop it fast. I passed out for hour and half.60/40 My Dr. says becareful about dropping you head, I'm care about washing hair, shopping, watch how I bend down checking things out. Had to have hubby come and get me.
For stomach I eat Dannon Activa yogurt, oatmeal, mild foods. I just had a thorough check up for kidneys, liver, heart. All Ok. I've had this 13 years . I don't have panic attacks anymore since lorazepam, anti-anxiety med. I have my own blood pressure monitor and check it regularly. They aren't expensive at Costco.
Take care of yourself, your friend, loretta

Yes I monitor blood pressure regularly for about 3 months now.. Just wondering on the kidneys, I guess just changing your diet will do it or sometimes do we have to take meds for that? Yes my heart rate was about 120 or so so put me on metropolol 2 X day and the Benicar hct also makes my blood pressure too low/. my blood pressure 3 weeks now low been trying to get a doc to call me back it has been 80/50 and so forth// Thhe last gp I changed to let him review my records and he would get back to me, that was 3 weeks ago. So I am still waiting. Thanks for answering all my questions Loretta.. :rain: ps. raining here will write more tomorrow still at work.. Sunshine

Summertime 08-06-2009 09:23 AM

Hi sunshine girl

What is wrong with your kidneys? The reason I ask is I have a long history of kidney problems, on meds for that, my heart rate is very high, on meds for that, stomach is a mess, on meds for that...the list goes on and on.

RSD is awful, on meds for this as well which I developed after surgery, then to be dealing other health problems just adds to stress.

lexiemae1 08-06-2009 10:14 AM

Dear Summertime

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summertime (Post 548393)
Hi sunshine girl

What is wrong with your kidneys? The reason I ask is I have a long history of kidney problems, on meds for that, my heart rate is very high, on meds for that, stomach is a mess, on meds for that...the list goes on and on.

RSD is awful, on meds for this as well which I developed after surgery, then to be dealing other health problems just adds to stress.

my blood tests came back abnormal so they are running a ultrasound of my kidneys creatinine, hematocrit, folic acid and one other thing they are rerunning on me. It just seems since being diagnosed with rsd my heart rate and blood pressure has went out of control now my kidneys have abnormal functions or something. my gp had sent me to a nephrologist to get them rechecked. They are checking urine sample blood sample and ultrasound of bladder and kidneys// (:winky:thanks for responding).. The nephro seems to think it might be one of the meds I am taking which is Benicar hct and the metroprolol

Summertime 08-07-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl (Post 548413)
my blood tests came back abnormal so they are running a ultrasound of my kidneys creatinine, hematocrit, folic acid and one other thing they are rerunning on me. It just seems since being diagnosed with rsd my heart rate and blood pressure has went out of control now my kidneys have abnormal functions or something. my gp had sent me to a nephrologist to get them rechecked. They are checking urine sample blood sample and ultrasound of bladder and kidneys// (:winky:thanks for responding).. The nephro seems to think it might be one of the meds I am taking which is Benicar hct and the metroprolol

Keep us posted. I hope it's nothing serious. Some medications can alter tests results. If you need to chat I'm here. I'm on here in the mornings and sometimes I check back in during the day, it depends on how I'm doing with pain & other issues.

:Good-Luck::grouphug::)