NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Tingles and goosebumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/112077-tingles-goosebumps.html)

pud's friend 01-10-2010 05:42 PM

Tingles and goosebumps

A new thing has started happening for me- I get a small patch 10cmx5cm of what starts as a tingle, then a tickle, then cold feeling then goosebumps appear in a line on my forearm.

I'm not cold (far from it), not been bitten, no rash. It's just a patch of tingles.
Is this common? It doesn't seem too troublesome in the grand scheme of things but thought I'd share.
My big toe 'feels' constantly wet too. Isn't this disease just the most annoying thing ever???

TwoKidsTwoCats 01-10-2010 11:21 PM

Annoying..oh yes. I was wondering, are you getting too warm? With the temps so high in your area, please be careful! I get those type of goosebumps on my arms and legs, also the cold spots on my back, toes and face, when I get really overheated...especially when getting into a really hot vehicle. My neurologist strongly suggested a cooling vest. I improvised with gel ice packs. I take those things with me everywhere if I have to be out and about on a really hot day.

4cordelia 01-11-2010 02:02 PM

Oh how warm sounds good. Been freezing even in 100 degree weather with 5 layers of clothes on .Got in a nice hot bath but the feet and legs registered freezing water. Upper body was sooooo toasty. Go figure.
MRI again today. Mixed feelings. Hoping they find something but then again I don't want the ms dx.
Best part of the week is we're off to Disneyland in just 3 short days.
cordelia

tkrik 01-12-2010 09:12 AM

Puds - I get weird sensory things like that in my left leg. Many times my brain tells me I have goosebumps but I really don't. LOL Lately when I am in the shower and the water is hitting my rib cage it feels cold but it really isn't. I just have 1 patch that feels cold. This is a new thing but hey, I have the hug and dead nerves in that area.

I really have no advice for you. For me, I try to play the mind over body game.:D And, yes, this disease is so bizarre it's no wonder during the diagnosing stage many are told it is anxiety or something like that. LOL

4cordelia 09-10-2010 04:30 PM

Any one else having problems with the cold?

SallyC 09-10-2010 05:26 PM

Not me, I love the cold. Rather have it any day as opposed to Hot!! :)

What problems do you have with the cold? :hug:

brainfreeze 09-12-2010 09:32 AM

goose bumps

i get that all the time, usually on my scalp and my hips/upper legs. i don't think there's actual goosebumps, just the feeling of cold and the skin feels like it's tightening. just another annoying thing.

AynaDee 09-15-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pud's friend (Post 609118)
A new thing has started happening for me- I get a small patch 10cmx5cm of what starts as a tingle, then a tickle, then cold feeling then goosebumps appear in a line on my forearm.

I'm not cold (far from it), not been bitten, no rash. It's just a patch of tingles.
Is this common? It doesn't seem too troublesome in the grand scheme of things but thought I'd share.
My big toe 'feels' constantly wet too. Isn't this disease just the most annoying thing ever???

haha not only is it the most annoying, it's the most bizarre as all get out!
sometimes with MS I feel like I am on a psychedelic drug or something!

I'm responding because I experienced this at the beginning of summer and had assumed it was an ms thing. it happened for about 2 weeks and at first it went down the exact same way as yours but on my right thigh. Then into the 2nd week of it happening the goosbumps would make a prickling feeling. Then it just stopped happening. CrAzYYY!

About two weeks ago my feet suddenly felt like I was standing in flood water, all the way up to my ankles, so much that I looked down to make sure I wasn't standing in a puddle. Sure enough, I wasn't. weird.:rolleyes: lol