NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Had Urodynamics Done (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/52480-urodynamics.html)

jowen214 08-19-2008 04:42 PM

Had Urodynamics Done

Hell-on-earth was here in Mississippi last week....Wed. at Dr. Grubin's office, to be exact. OH.MY.LAWDY. I told my DH I'd just as soon have another LP as to have to suffer through urodynamics again. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I go back to see the urologist next Thursday for results.

sassy 08-19-2008 04:48 PM

I'm so sorry to hear it was that bad. Do you know if it is rough on everyone or just rough on those with troubles?

coletaterbug 08-19-2008 04:54 PM

I had that done as well and let me tell you I didn't care for it one bit. I felt really uncomfortable the whole time and it was a experience I hope to never have to go through again. Hugs and I hope the same for you.:hug:

jowen214 08-19-2008 05:11 PM

Bren, I don't know if it's that rough on everyone or not, but the woman doing the test said that my urethra and bladder are EXTREMELY sensitive. She recommended that if the urologist wants to go in and look around, I am not awake...she said she's never recommended that to anyone else. I asked if I was just the biggest wimp ever, but she sweetly said I was not. LOL.

It was horribly painful....felt it burning/scraping every bit of the way (with BOTH catheters!), broke out into a cold sweat, got really nauseaus & thought I was going to get sick. She had to give me a cold, wet rag and turn on a fan. Then I could not urinate around the catheter after my bladder was filled with water....then I could not go for about 15 minutes after she took it out. GAH!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassy (Post 350435)
I'm so sorry to hear it was that bad. Do you know if it is rough on everyone or just rough on those with troubles?

jowen214 08-19-2008 05:12 PM

Thanks for the hugs! Hope you never have to do it again, either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coletaterbug (Post 350438)
I had that done as well and let me tell you I didn't care for it one bit. I felt really uncomfortable the whole time and it was a experience I hope to never have to go through again. Hugs and I hope the same for you.:hug:

sassy 08-19-2008 05:25 PM

is this the same as a VCUG? That's the nasty test my granddaughter had to have over and over again? With the iodine?

jowen214 08-19-2008 05:31 PM

No iodine....just sterile water pumped through the catheter into the bladder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassy (Post 350465)
is this the same as a VCUG? That's the nasty test my granddaughter had to have over and over again? With the iodine?

Twinkletoes 08-19-2008 06:05 PM

Bleeeah. Sorry Jen. :hug::hug::hug:

Erin524 08-19-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jowen214 (Post 350455)
Bren, I don't know if it's that rough on everyone or not, but the woman doing the test said that my urethra and bladder are EXTREMELY sensitive. She recommended that if the urologist wants to go in and look around, I am not awake...she said she's never recommended that to anyone else. I asked if I was just the biggest wimp ever, but she sweetly said I was not. LOL.

It was horribly painful....felt it burning/scraping every bit of the way (with BOTH catheters!), broke out into a cold sweat, got really nauseaus & thought I was going to get sick. She had to give me a cold, wet rag and turn on a fan. Then I could not urinate around the catheter after my bladder was filled with water....then I could not go for about 15 minutes after she took it out. GAH!!!!

It took me about a half an hour to go when I had it done. Only reason I managed it is that the tech gave me a cup of warm water (I was desperate) and I got so shaky and panicked that I spilled the water on my knee, and that got me going again.

NurseNancy 08-19-2008 07:27 PM

i'm sorry jenn,

i hope however, that you get answers from the testing and can move forward to feel better.

please keep us posted. and thanks for this post.