NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Teddy Bears....Do you ever play with them? (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/10502-teddy-bears-play.html)

bizi 01-06-2007 01:12 PM

Teddy Bears....Do you ever play with them?

I have a new teddy bear.
well actually it is my first that I can remember...I had a big stufffed puppy dog growing up that I adored....
but this is my first teddy....(that I remember lol)
He is the softest thing and small about 9"...
I slept with him last night and he was such a comfort to me.
In bed this morning I just sat and stared at her and postitioned her arms and hugged her and felt her soft fur on my face and just LOVED this.
A new comfort....
I am 44 now and have a new toy...:)
bizi

Curious 01-06-2007 01:20 PM

comfort. that is what is all about. bringing back good memories. a smell can do it. a sound....touch...taste.

so..what is this teddy's name?

my first comfort toy i still have. her name is Lambie. a small silky soft stuffed lamb my brother gave me when i was born. she sits on a a little chair in my kitchen. since i spend the mosst time there. :p i'll have to look..i think she in a picture i took recently.

Wittesea 01-07-2007 11:24 AM

I love teddy bears and other stuffed animals.

My husband and I have a bit of a collection of stuffed animals from hospital gift shops - it started when I got sick, continued through his chemo.... and now it's a habit that anytime one of us is in the hospital we buy a cool stuffed animal.

We also collect stuffed cows. Neither of us really like cows, but the collection got started because the first stuffed animal he ever got me was a benie baby cow (we were in a store and I said it was cute, so he bought it)... so now we have a shelf of stuffed cows :)

I love stuffed animals and teddy bears. They are so cute and even on my worst day my husband can make me smile by bringing me one of my stuffed animals.... they are so soft and so easy to cuddle and they bring a lot of joy and happiness.

My husband knows that if he wants to do something special and suprise me - he knows to forget the flowers or chocolate and go straight for the stuffed animals :)

I am so glad you have a good Teddy Bizi.

bizi 01-07-2007 02:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
thank you curious and liz,
I want a stuffed animal of a dog that I would like to have but jeff says it is too small:

a cavelier puppy!

bizi 01-07-2007 02:40 PM

The only toy that I have from my childhood is a baby doll.
Her name is Pebbles and she sits on a rocker in the guest bedroom.
Her stuffing is almost gone and she slumps over, I drew peirced ear rings on her....she is darling.
bizi

Alffe 01-07-2007 02:44 PM

Pebbles! You still have Pebbles???!!! :rolleyes: (((Bizi)))

You know, some how friends of mine think I collect frogs and over the years, thanks to them....I have MANY frogs of different shapes and sizes. ;)

I had to edit this because I lied...*grin. I have three teddy bears, given to me by my old boss. And I have a black gorilla given to me by E............

bizi 01-07-2007 03:25 PM

hmmmmmm......:D

fiberowendy2000 01-08-2007 03:29 AM

I collect tortoises and turtles (real and all types of fake ones). I also have a collection of bears and animals. The first stuffed animal my husband gave me is unimaginatively called Bear. Mainly because when I was first having my anxiety issues I would reach for it and say "Bear" at the same time. Now I have a couple of Vermont Teddy Bears to add to my collection, which also include a moose and an elephant.:D

Curious 01-08-2007 11:27 AM

bizi...do yo have a Build A bear close? you can make your own stuffed dog there. they have many styles. both grandmonkey and lil'monkey have some. they are wonderful. he has one that is a black and white dog. we love Max like he a real puppy. lol

Attachment 654 here is max with a couple of other "friends"

Wittesea 01-08-2007 12:55 PM

I forgot to mention our collection of strange and unusual stuffed animals. We have the cows, and we have several other cute bears and stuff, but we also have several stuffed animals that are unusual... not the normal type of animal that you would expect to see as a stuffed animal.

Some of the more unusual ones are -- giraffe, crab, hippo, owl, mouse, rat, lobster, ferret, elephant, beaver, flamingo, koala, seagull, kangaroo, mama loon and papa loon with a baby loon, moose, walrus, squirrel, and a raccoon.

The shelves with the stuffed animals looks like a very strange zoo :) But I love things that are different and unusual, and many of our different and unusual stuffed animals are ones that we bought for special occasions or when we were on vacation or for holidays and stuff....

With the stuffed cow collection, it's hard to remember when and why and where we got each cow - but the unusual and different stuffed animals are so easy to remember where, when and why we bought them... and many of them are ones we got in hospital gift shops.

I remember buying the stuffed rat like it was yesterday because the woman working in the gift show thought I was nuts for buying my husband a stuffed rat when he was recovering from surgery... but it made him laugh and smile and that was the reason why I wanted something strange like a stuffed rat - to make him laugh and smile :)

One of the reasons that I have always loved stuffed animals so much is that they make me smile without even having to look at them or touch them -- just talking about them makes me smile and makes me happy.