NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Another loss............. (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/65112-loss.html)

Nik-key 12-13-2008 09:36 PM

Another loss.............

I wonder if I can share that on Wednesday, a beloved member of my community, a father, husband.. and also my friend... took his own life :Sob: :Noooo:

I have known him all my life. I grew up with his oldest child.. my parents were friends. My heart is just breaking for this family, those left behind... to try and survive. I know their pain, and I feel so helpless. :(

People are talking about his death.... things like OMG, I can't imagine!! He was always so happy, never without a smile. WTH? And you know, it is true... I can't recall one single time that he didn't just light up talking with people. But, like I told these people, I imagine, these are the very things people said about Dad. You just never know....Such a shock :(

I am not doing well.. I miss my Dad something fierce... the Holidays.. and now this. I am going to try to muster the strength to go to his service Thursday. I want to be there, to show not only my respect, but to support the family and so they can see ... that I am surviving......... perhaps they will see that they can also? ......... one day at a time.

I know you will all understand why I just can't post right now. I will be here, I need to be here... just going into lurking mode while I lick my wounds. Much love my friends:hug: A special Thank you to those of you I talked with the other night, and for helping me though the crisis :hug:

Twinkletoes 12-13-2008 10:05 PM

((((Nikki)))) :hug::hug::hug:

tovaxin_lab_rat 12-13-2008 10:16 PM

Take care of yourself Nik-key. :hug:

da duck 12-13-2008 10:32 PM

((((((((((Nik-key)))))))))))

FeelinGoofy 12-13-2008 11:22 PM

{{{{{{{{{nik-key}}}}}}}}} :grouphug:

Addy 12-14-2008 12:56 AM

Oh Nik-key... I'm so very sorry ... sigh :hug:

Lara 12-14-2008 02:00 AM

I'm very sorry to read this Nik-key. Lurk mode is just fine. Sometimes it's actually necessary. You just take care of yourself right now. (((Nik-key)))

Brokenfriend 12-14-2008 02:41 AM

Nik-key

I'm so sorry to here that. As people have said,please,please take care of your self right now. You have enough things that you are trying to handle.

I don't want you to become excessively sorry about things. We are coming up to the shortest day of the year. These long nights are depressing many.

I'm sending (((Hugs))) your way. Benjamin Franklin said,"with the passing of time,is the healing of grief". Hugs to you again. You are special. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Koala77 12-14-2008 05:09 AM

(((Nik-key)))

mistiis 12-14-2008 12:05 PM

....there are times in great grief and loss, that there are just no words...:hug:
....and I love you, and am here for you....