NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Obnoxious, Annoying Commercials (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/154016-obnoxious-annoying-commercials.html)

Kitty 07-21-2011 03:24 PM

Obnoxious, Annoying Commercials

Is it just me or does there seem to be an epidemic of loud, obnoxious, annoying commercials on TV nowadays?

One just came on.......for Direct Auto insurance. Lady was jumping around, whooping and hollering on top of a counter in a restaurant. :rolleyes: She was excited because her car insurance bill was so low.

Then there is the one for a cell phone. Setting is in a restaurant. The lady sees a picture of a huge spider on the man's cell phone and apparently thinks it's real. She screams bloody murder and he takes off his shoe and proceeds to smash the phone. Very loud. Very annoying.

Anybody else scramble for the mute button when commercials come on? And why are they so loud?? The show I was watching wasn't that loud.

Maybe I should have put this post in the pity party thread!

mrsD 07-21-2011 03:40 PM

J.G. Wentworth.... screaming ...endless screaming... "its my money and I need it now" !

doydie 07-21-2011 03:48 PM

The Dairy Queen commercial. When they had that big set of teethe talking it was cute. But this new program, I do mute it

Blessings2You 07-21-2011 03:57 PM

There are a handful of ads I actually like (the first several hundred times) but most of them we mute. Even my husband uses the remote now that he's discovered the mute button.

The local ones, bobble-head screaming car dealers and furniture stores, are the worst as far as loud and obnoxious. Even worse to us are the sleazy previews of Entertainment Tonight, the double entendres, and the endless ads for products children don't need to know exist. Ugh.

Kitty 07-21-2011 04:00 PM

Oh, B2Y, don't get me started on the personal products. :mad: You'd think if someone actually had that particular problem they'd surely know what to do about it. Not have to wait for a TV commercial to suggest a remedy. :rolleyes: I remember when they couldn't even show a woman in her underwear (bra, panties) on TV. Now, we're lucky if they even have underwear on!

mrsD 07-21-2011 04:08 PM

I love my MUTE button!

I HATE the drug commercials. Everyone smiling and having fun while the voice over tells the terrible side effects....diabetes, death, TB, infections.

At least the toenail fungus drugs are gone. Those commercials were SO MISLEADING.... those drugs caused terrible liver damage and failure!

Kitty 07-21-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 788674)
At least the toenail fungus drugs are gone. Those commercials were SO MISLEADING.... those drugs caused terrible liver damage and failure!

I just saw one yesterday! Not the talking toenail that lifts up and little germs crawl around. :eek: Just a picture of a real toenail (pretty yucky looking) and the medicine being brushed on and around it.

Blessings2You 07-21-2011 04:29 PM

Last night we were watching something, probably the news, and before my husband could hit the mute button, we were blessed with: "Does feminine itching drive you crazy?" I seriously thought he was going to mute that sucker for good.:eek:

mrsD 07-21-2011 05:09 PM

Those OTC toenail things are not the same.

I am referencing the RX drugs for toenail fungus which were so toxic they could kill you for a simple problem! Maybe you don't even remember them?

Blessings2You 07-21-2011 05:24 PM

I remember my dad taking something (started with L?) that gave him some problems.