NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   My disability case (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/201466-disability.html)

weirdo88 02-26-2014 03:40 PM

My disability case

So i filed in 2009 after not being able to perform my job duties due to my schizophrenia ptsd depression and anxiety. I got a hearing 3 years later, i was denied by a very conservative judge that thought i could work no problemo. I am now on my second hearing coming up in june, during the time i was waiting i had a traumatic ptsd related nightmare in which my ssdi judge sent me to hell for taking disguarded cigarette butts from an ashtray and i was sent to prison with her laughing and in prison i was raped, in the dream. Im very scared to see that judge again and with my attorney have sent in an alfadavit asking her to recuse herself from my case, mentioning the dream and a few other reasons in which she was biased against me. Everybodys told me she will not recuse herself, so im gonna have an episode in the courtroom. But anyhow i just want my disability and to be able to sleep at night without thinking about this case. What can i do..? :mad:

Janke 02-26-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weirdo88 (Post 1053706)
So i filed in 2009 after not being able to perform my job duties due to my schizophrenia ptsd depression and anxiety. I got a hearing 3 years later, i was denied by a very conservative judge that thought i could work no problemo. I am now on my second hearing coming up in june, during the time i was waiting i had a traumatic ptsd related nightmare in which my ssdi judge sent me to hell for taking disguarded cigarette butts from an ashtray and i was sent to prison with her laughing and in prison i was raped, in the dream. Im very scared to see that judge again and with my attorney have sent in an alfadavit asking her to recuse herself from my case, mentioning the dream and a few other reasons in which she was biased against me. Everybodys told me she will not recuse herself, so im gonna have an episode in the courtroom. But anyhow i just want my disability and to be able to sleep at night without thinking about this case. What can i do..? :mad:

I think you should listen to your lawyer, be sure to take your prescribed medication and talk to your counselor and a trusted friend or relative on a regular basis.

finz 02-27-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janke (Post 1053778)
I think you should listen to your lawyer, be sure to take your prescribed medication and talk to your counselor and a trusted friend or relative on a regular basis.

I think that's great advice.

The process of applying for SSDI/SSI is a huge mental and emotional strain, even for those without a mental issue/disability. It's a strain that can really challenge those with mental health concerns. Make sure you have the support that you need to get through this process.