NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   Coverage for foot (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/179053-coverage-foot.html)

pg2005 10-30-2012 07:43 PM

Coverage for foot

My doc says that it's generally hard to get good SCS coverage in the bottom of the foot. Has anyone had experience with this both good or bad?

Hannabananna 10-30-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pg2005 (Post 927413)
My doc says that it's generally hard to get good SCS coverage in the bottom of the foot. Has anyone had experience with this both good or bad?

I do not know about the coverage for the pain....if it goes that far down.

When my SCS is on...I do have the "buzzing" from the middle of my feet up to my mid back...my pain coverage is in my lumbar area.
Johanna*

pg2005 10-30-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannabananna (Post 927427)
I do not know about the coverage for the pain....if it goes that far down.

When my SCS is on...I do have the "buzzing" from the middle of my feet up to my mid back...my pain coverage is in my lumbar area.
Johanna*

I've literally been considering the SCS for years and never knew this was a problem area. Doc told me that ankles aren't typically a problem...but that isn't super helpful to me.

Mark56 10-30-2012 10:37 PM

Tuck this one in Doc's Folder

I have EMG studies on my legs which prove the nerve pathways, although so permanently damaged I have no feeling in the lower limbs, carry the stim signal to bottom of both feet. The work it does in my upper legs and lumbar spine to my waist is SO Beneficial, I no longer take pain meds...... at all.

Yup, guess what gang, I am off of all of the pain meds relevant to my neck fusion.
Wow,
Mark56:grouphug:

Sandy Kay 10-30-2012 10:45 PM

Great news Mark. I hope your relief continues and you are back to doing the things you love in life. Travel, dancing and family. Gifts from God.

Sandy Kay

CoralToe 10-31-2012 12:40 AM

Foot coverage over here!

All of my chronic pain is in the second toe of my left foot, which, when swollen makes the entire forefoot painful. My doc also mentioned the difficulty in getting a good response for foot pain...and for this reason she developed a retro-grade insertion of the lead, such that it is facing downwords toward the nerve rootlet. She did this procedure on me, and between that and the chance to do my own programing I only recieve stimulation from about midfoot forward - ie only my forefoot. Certain positions will shift the stimulation a bit, and at these times I may feel the stim in my heel or lower leg...but this doesn't happen that often and/or I compensate. We are very close to (FINALLY) be launching the web/site blog....so hopefully will have a copy of my surgery vid up someday soon. If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Hannabananna 10-31-2012 06:48 AM

oh happy day

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark56 (Post 927440)
I have EMG studies on my legs which prove the nerve pathways, although so permanently damaged I have no feeling in the lower limbs, carry the stim signal to bottom of both feet. The work it does in my upper legs and lumbar spine to my waist is SO Beneficial, I no longer take pain meds...... at all.

Yup, guess what gang, I am off of all of the pain meds relevant to my neck fusion.
Wow,
Mark56:grouphug:

What a wonderful way to start my day...such good news!!!
I used my gizmo allday yesterday....yes indeed...relief.
Thanks Mark....helps me dream of that day to come for myself.
Johanna*

tkayewade 10-31-2012 12:19 PM

Mine is at T9 and I have bottom of the foot coverage. I have 1 paddle, 20 leads. Mine is an eon st. Jude but I assume they are all similar. I love the foot coverage because the bottoms of my feet feel like they've been dipped in fire without. When I had my revision and it had to be off for 24 hours was the worst day ever!!

TK

Mark56 10-31-2012 09:04 PM

Well HI Coral

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoralToe (Post 927451)
All of my chronic pain is in the second toe of my left foot, which, when swollen makes the entire forefoot painful. My doc also mentioned the difficulty in getting a good response for foot pain...and for this reason she developed a retro-grade insertion of the lead, such that it is facing downwords toward the nerve rootlet. She did this procedure on me, and between that and the chance to do my own programing I only recieve stimulation from about midfoot forward - ie only my forefoot. Certain positions will shift the stimulation a bit, and at these times I may feel the stim in my heel or lower leg...but this doesn't happen that often and/or I compensate. We are very close to (FINALLY) be launching the web/site blog....so hopefully will have a copy of my surgery vid up someday soon. If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Thank you for the wonderful POST, and news the blog may be up soon. Also, thank you for pushing gently on the Self Programming which brought comfort to your forefoot together with the ingenuity expressed by your Doc in the approach to surgery and the lead. YOU, my friend, are Blessed indeed.
Yup,
Mark56:grouphug::hug:zzzz

Rrae 10-31-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoralToe (Post 927451)
We are very close to (FINALLY) be launching the web/site blog....so hopefully will have a copy of my surgery vid up someday soon. If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Lookin 4-Ward to seeing it, Heather!

Rae
:hug: