NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Grand Rounds: CRPS! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/127764-grand-rounds-crps.html)

pacugirl 07-10-2010 11:12 PM

Grand Rounds: CRPS!

I'm so psyched! My medical center is going to have Grand Rounds next Friday on CRPS! I did a double-take when I saw it posted. For anyone that isn't familiar with hospital routines, most hospitals have "Grand Rounds" when a visiting expert gives a lecture on his area of expertise, presented to doctors and medical staff. Hopefully they will be up to date and I'll learn something (and our docs too, lol)!

gabbycakes 07-11-2010 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacugirl (Post 674221)
I'm so psyched! My medical center is going to have Grand Rounds next Friday on CRPS! I did a double-take when I saw it posted. For anyone that isn't familiar with hospital routines, most hospitals have "Grand Rounds" when a visiting expert gives a lecture on his area of expertise, presented to doctors and medical staff. Hopefully they will be up to date and I'll learn something (and our docs too, lol)!

Where in northeast NY is this going to be? I live in North,Northwest NJ so if I could I would love to attend...

Thanks

finz 07-11-2010 02:06 PM

That's a welcome step in the right direction pacu !

pacugirl 07-12-2010 08:45 PM

location on CRPS Grand Rounds Lecture...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabbycakes (Post 674287)
Where in northeast NY is this going to be? I live in North,Northwest NJ so if I could I would love to attend...

Thanks

Might be too far -we are located 2 1/2 hrs above Albany. I think it's 260 miles. The hospital is "Champlain Valley Physician's Hospital Medical Center, or CVPH Medical Center. I plan to attend, and maybe since I'm close friends with the medical library crew, I could video tape it. Grand Rounds is this Friday the 16th at noon and runs for an hour. The doctor is from Albany Medical Center. I'll double check tomorrow and post his name here for you.

gabbycakes 07-14-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacugirl (Post 674880)
Might be too far -we are located 2 1/2 hrs above Albany. I think it's 260 miles. The hospital is "Champlain Valley Physician's Hospital Medical Center, or CVPH Medical Center. I plan to attend, and maybe since I'm close friends with the medical library crew, I could video tape it. Grand Rounds is this Friday the 16th at noon and runs for an hour. The doctor is from Albany Medical Center. I'll double check tomorrow and post his name here for you.

thanks for getting back to me but that is far. it's even pass lake george.. but would love to here what he has to say...

pacugirl 07-14-2010 10:17 PM

DVD if I can

If I can get a dvd of it somehow I'll send you a copy. I thought it might be too far -even for a day trip.

gabbycakes 07-15-2010 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacugirl (Post 675606)
If I can get a dvd of it somehow I'll send you a copy. I thought it might be too far -even for a day trip.

Thanks for the offer. I would more than happy to pay for the DVD, if you can get it.....

Have Fun,

gabbycakes

pacugirl 07-18-2010 11:04 PM

DVD is possible! :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabbycakes (Post 675665)
Thanks for the offer. I would more than happy to pay for the DVD, if you can get it.....

Have Fun,

gabbycakes

Dr. Dubin (Albany, NY) was very interesting. I'll try and summarize some of his interesting points and news you'll be surprised to hear I think. I'll try and do it before the end of the week. :D

RNcrps2 07-19-2010 11:00 AM

Pacugirl, That's great. Do you know who the speaker is? Let us know what you learn! momof4