NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Tipping Point (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/171304-tipping.html)

AnnieB3 06-09-2012 08:08 PM

Tipping Point

Hi, guys.

First, I need to apologize to all of you. I have not been able to nor will I be able to put a drug list together. I hope someone else here will be able to.

I've loved being able to be part of this group. It's been a joy and an invaluable experience. I cherish each one of you.

I can't do much anymore. My life is literally spiraling down a black hole and I'm not sure what the outcome will be. As you know, I don't talk much about my life. I wanted my focus to be on helping others.

If I come back, it won't be until I can - if I can - get my ever loving $#!T together. Like so many of you, my financial concerns are seemingly insolvable. If only there were employers who could hire "thinkers" instead of "doers." Maybe then disabled people could work.

I am beyond sad and am battling a pretty bad depression. I have great coping skills but my challenges are blooming like the spring flowers and I can't keep up.

I've always been amazed at how complete strangers can be so kind but those closest to you can, at times, be such utter jerks. People who are sick know the true value of kindness and how nothing much else matters other than love. Perhaps "normal" people won't learn that lesson until they get sick.

I simply want to say thank you. It's been a real pleasure knowing all of you, even if it's only virtually. I hope to be back but you never know with life. All my best to each one of you, including all of our amazing Moderators.

:grouphug:

Annie

limpy 06-09-2012 08:26 PM

So sorry to read this, Annie. In the short time I have been a member here you have provided an invaluable service to me and I appreciate that so much. Please take care of yourself and come back soon.
Linda
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieB3 (Post 887607)
Hi, guys.

First, I need to apologize to all of you. I have not been able to nor will I be able to put a drug list together. I hope someone else here will be able to.

I've loved being able to be part of this group. It's been a joy and an invaluable experience. I cherish each one of you.

I can't do much anymore. My life is literally spiraling down a black hole and I'm not sure what the outcome will be. As you know, I don't talk much about my life. I wanted my focus to be on helping others.

If I come back, it won't be until I can - if I can - get my ever loving $#!T together. Like so many of you, my financial concerns are seemingly insolvable. If only there were employers who could hire "thinkers" instead of "doers." Maybe then disabled people could work.

I am beyond sad and am battling a pretty bad depression. I have great coping skills but my challenges are blooming like the spring flowers and I can't keep up.

I've always been amazed at how complete strangers can be so kind but those closest to you can, at times, be such utter jerks. People who are sick know the true value of kindness and how nothing much else matters other than love. Perhaps "normal" people won't learn that lesson until they get sick.

I simply want to say thank you. It's been a real pleasure knowing all of you, even if it's only virtually. I hope to be back but you never know with life. All my best to each one of you, including all of our amazing Moderators.

Annie

Stellatum 06-09-2012 09:50 PM

Annie, you leave behind a wonderful legacy on this forum. I learned a lot from you about the medical details of this disease, but I learned even more about how to bring good out of it. I want to be like you.

Write to me privately if there's anything I can do to help.

Abby

Southern Bell 06-10-2012 09:10 AM

Annie,

I am so sorry to hear that you will not be able to continue being a part of this wonderful site. As a fairly new member, I also have gained knowledge from your experiences.

Please stay strong and positive during this time. I am convinced that your mental state plays an important part of your healing/coping journey. And I also have experienced the way some people who have been a part of your life for a long time cannot understand what you are going through, heck we can't understand it ourselves or explain it to others. I have a friend who I"ve known for about 25 years and she is the ultimate type "A" personality. She always wanted to complain about her life but anytime I expressed my problems I was always looking at the glass half full and should be more positive. Her problems were more important. When I became sick in 2009, she would come to the hospital to visit me and couldn't wait to start complaining about work or her home life.

Then last year she discovered a lump in her breast and you would think that she was the only person that ever had breast cancer. She actually fussed at me a few months ago about how I should be more positive. Then in the last week she apologized about that conversation. Needless to say, I am not interested in talking to her because she simply refuses to understand or be supportive about what I'm going though.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers during your struggles. Please know that we are always here for you if you need to vent or need support.

Best wishes,

Southern Bell

suev 06-10-2012 12:39 PM

Annie, I am going to look at this as your hiatus - without the possibility of 'goodbye'. We all need to pull our wings in and focus on self from time to time. This is one of those times for you.

Know that as you pull inward to preserve and heal that many,many folks here will have you in their thoughts and minds. Beyond vast knowledge - you have a wonderful way of explaining complex medical interactions with analogies that 'every man / woman' can easily understand. It's a gift...and I thank you for sharing it with all of us.

alice md 06-10-2012 01:49 PM

Annie,

"Learning without books is like sailing uncharted seas,

Learning only from books is like not going to sea it all" .

Physicians learn from patients,

but there are some who teach them more.

You are one of them.

And I have learned a lot from you.

Thanks,

Alice

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieB3 (Post 887607)
Hi, guys.

Annie

Geode 06-10-2012 04:05 PM

Annie,

You are an amazing and inspiring woman, and you will be missed. You deserve the best in life, and I'm so sorry it's not working out that way for you right now. Praying for you.

Tatia

restorativepose 06-11-2012 09:02 AM

Sending you love and light, Annie. Just look at all that you've contributed to help others here.... what is it, 1810 posts? That is both amazing and remarkable. Even if you are not present online, we are all with you in loving friendship :heartthrob:

rach73 06-21-2012 06:12 AM

Annie,

It was you and a few others that pushed me to continue my fight for a diagnosis. Losing you from the forum is HUGE, but sometimes we need to concentrate on ourselves, regroup and find the strength to carry on.

Sending you much love xxx

Rach

mrsD 06-21-2012 07:21 AM

I am saddened to hear you are having so many challenges lately Annie.

You are a valuable member here and have helped many people over the years.

I will hope to see you some day in the future, when things may straighten out for you. My thoughts are with you.