NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Private labs online? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/139725-private-labs-online.html)

Tulips 12-01-2010 01:04 PM

Private labs online?

Hi

As I don't have insurance any more and doc wont run some test I have been recommended. I came across online privte labs and I can order test from them. They sent u to Labcorp for blood draw but u don't need doctors requisition.

Any one familiar with this and if these are reliable and accurate.

Thankyou
Tulips

mrsD 12-01-2010 01:14 PM

There is someone on our Vitamin forum who did this...you could PM him?

bruegger84

Or search the Vitamin forum for him, but I think a PM would be quicker.

Marlene 12-01-2010 02:05 PM

We've used Life Extension to get labs done before. lef.org

They write the orders and send it to you based on what you purchased from their available list. I think they only do blood testing. You then take the order to Labcorp and they'll draw your blood. You'll get a copy of the results from Life Extension.

They have an annual "sale" which is a better price point. I don't know when it is though.

melon 01-12-2011 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlene (Post 721484)
We've used Life Extension to get labs done before. lef.org

They write the orders and send it to you based on what you purchased from their available list. I think they only do blood testing. You then take the order to Labcorp and they'll draw your blood. You'll get a copy of the results from Life Extension.

They have an annual "sale" which is a better price point. I don't know when it is though.

Did you have any luck ?

Id be interested to hear if there was any list that reviewed labs in Europe too.

My tests are always negative unless its something I dont want them to find.. what a coincidence !

Dr. Smith 01-12-2011 08:26 AM

Sale! Lab tests at deep discount prices!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlene (Post 721484)
They have an annual "sale" which is a better price point.

Why does this not sit well with me...?

malawigirl08 01-12-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Smith (Post 734122)
Why does this not sit well with me...?

That's what I was thinking- what kind of world are we living in that health can now be bought bargain basement?

melon 01-16-2011 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malawigirl08 (Post 734255)
That's what I was thinking- what kind of world are we living in that health can now be bought bargain basement?

A good one , as long as the quality doesnt reflect the cost.

Sheltiemom18 01-16-2011 02:11 PM

Hi,

Did hear about one lab, though, Igenex(?) I think is the spelling, that does good work testing for Lyme Disease. The kit is purchased from it and then sent back for analysis.

But all in all, don't know about going willy-nilly to labs I know nothing about.

Sheltiemom18

malawigirl08 01-16-2011 08:41 PM

Oh Melon, I don't think it is a good one, too many people are hanging around this board without a diagnosis (myself included), and may think Clinics offering low cost tests are the way to go. Everyone should be able to have their health problems treated with dignity, efficiency and respect and I know this is too idealistic....:)

Marlene 01-17-2011 07:53 AM

Life Extension uses Labcorp for their blood tests. They can offer prices lower than retail because of volume. If you don't have insurance, there is nothing wrong with shopping around for best value. My brother-in-law was able to negotiate a lower rate for an MRI.