NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   stationary bike (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/247014-stationary-bike.html)

mymorgy 05-10-2017 06:24 AM

stationary bike

the neurologist was pleased. I am using it but my legs feel weaker

bizi 05-10-2017 07:56 AM

Are you doing some stretches before getting on the tred mill. I have been doing stretches on the bed in the morning and they feel good and wake up my body.
bizi

mymorgy 05-10-2017 08:52 AM

it is a bike and not a tread mill and i go so slowly. I also have rubber straps which i haven't used yet. I have used putty for y hand. that is okay

mymorgy 05-10-2017 09:31 AM

both pt places didn't have me stretch when i used the bike

OhKay 05-11-2017 06:01 AM

You don't need to stretch first. Just keep taking it slowly, as you have been doing, even if that means you can only tolerate it for a couple of minutes (you don't need to try to do 10 minutes like at PT). Your legs will not be as weak as you build up tolerance, which can take a while. I wouldn't increase the time you are on it until your legs feel better. Even then, I'd only increase it by a couple of minutes.

I think it's great that you are doing the bike, Bobby :)

mymorgy 05-11-2017 07:17 AM

thanks. I didn't do the bike yesterday. I did too much the day before. I have been noticing more and more my balance might b getting worse. I have a chair near the bed to help me when I get off the bike. I now use it when I make a turn. for the past two days I haven't been depressed. I had a lecture on the phone treasures of the Talmud. boy I know nothing. this afternoon I have one on the psalms. I am still thinking of God a lot-I am not praying. I am just thinking of his existence and power. I bought some more things. I threw out the sugar and am using the splenda I bought. not as good but good for my diabetes. I have been reading an author I love which has been helping my spirits besides playing a lot with abby and brushing pudge whih she so dearly loves.
love
bobby

bizi 05-11-2017 07:47 AM

YOu sound good bobby, am glad for you. Having things to do keeps us busy and things to look forward to.
bizi:hug:

mymorgy 05-11-2017 08:23 AM

thanks so much Kay. you gave me hope that maybe my legs could get stronger with time and the bike. I had given up.

Mari 05-11-2017 10:51 PM

You can definite benefit.

Things do improve.

OhKay 05-12-2017 05:42 AM

Bobby, I think quiet contemplation is an important part of being religious, too :hug:

Skipping a day of the bike may be a good thing. It means you are listening to your body more. I'm really glad you are using the chair when you get off the bike. Safety is #1. I had a hard time getting off my bike after I was using it, too. I would have to sit on it for a couple of minutes after I was done before I got my sea legs back.

I think you are doing a good job trying to keep busy and getting some exercise. I think it will help your legs and should help your mood a bit :hug::hug::hug:

Have you ever tried Stevia? I think the good ones taste less foul than other sugar substitutes. Just like everything else, it's not for everyone tho. I use NuNaturals Alcohol-free Nustevia liquid.