NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Food Court (https://www.neurotalk.org/food-court/)
-   -   Chocolate candy... (https://www.neurotalk.org/food-court/58376-chocolate-candy.html)

Momma's Kids 10-31-2008 01:27 PM

Chocolate candy...

I am looking for great chocolate candy recipes...the candy will need to be in bars or where they can shaped into balls.

sabimax 10-31-2008 01:33 PM

MMMMM You sending me some candy..how sweet of you hehehehee

I am thinking the Peanut butter balls...are yummy...

GOLF BALLS
1 pkg crushed graham crakers
2 sticks of room temp oleo
1 cup peanut butter
1 # powdered sugar
1/2 cup flaked coconut (optional)

mix well, and form into balls ...best if you use a small ice cream scooper for uniform balls. Place on wax paper cookie sheets and refridge overnt.

1/2 block or 1/2 stick parafin wax
1/2 pkg coco chips
1/2 pkg butterscotch chips

melt together in double boiler or low heat, till melted. dip balls in 1 at time and return to wax paper cookie sheets. cool and enjoy.

(this is someone elses recipe..that they gave me...but I think you could do these without the parafin...cause I have never used wax persay for any of these type things....)

hugssss,sarah

Momma's Kids 11-01-2008 12:18 PM

I will have to do this one without the peanut butter. I lost my family recipes years ago when the house caught fire...or my MIL might have gotten it and it is now with the Xhusband and his wife. Will not do me any good to ask however...no one ever knows what happened to my things that got left behind. I didn't have a chance to get all my things.

Thanks for the recipe though...I have been looking online...Godiva has a few good ones, I am looking for ones that will pack and send easily. chocolate doesn't do well for shipping in some instantances...

Gets where its going and its all melted mush.lol:hug::hug:

sabimax 11-01-2008 03:25 PM

for holidays....and good gift ideas...my mom always makes homemade candy....chocolate covered anything....like nuts, raisins, chowmein noodles even...white choco, or brown...she uses the bark choco to melt....and melts it..pours in the type of item....and mixes up....then drops in spoonfuls on wax paper.....I think it all would ship well...too...hugsss,sarah

Momma's Kids 11-01-2008 03:38 PM

I have made candy doing that also...I found a really good recipe online...the others I can probably get out of several cookbooks I have. I just found a Hershey's chocolate cookbook packed in a box...

Maybe if I keep looking I might find some of those recipes I always used. lol

sabimax 11-01-2008 08:20 PM

mmmm then you can send me many chocolates hehehehee hugsss,sarah

Momma's Kids 11-09-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabimax (Post 400594)
mmmm then you can send me many chocolates hehehehee hugsss,sarah

Just send me an address...

megveg 11-10-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COK (Post 404819)
Just send me an address...

oooo does that mean me too?!? :p

Momma's Kids 11-12-2008 05:58 PM

I would never leave you out...

I made caramel chocolate brownies last week...shhh...I had to hide them so I could have a couple with coffee. lol

Koala77 11-12-2008 06:12 PM

Choc Mint Balls…

This one makes a packet of mint slice biscuits look home made and special.

Preparation: 5 minutes
2 minutes eating time!

Ingredients:
1 packet of Mint Slice Biscuits finely chopped
1/2 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
3/4 cup Coconut

Extra Coconut for rolling

Method:
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Form little balls and roll in Coconut.
3. Store in fridge.

Serve chilled. Yum!