NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   ladies with rsd anywhere, but especially hands and arms: do you still do your makeup? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/173039-ladies-rsd-especially-hands-arms-makeup.html)

anonymous41913 07-11-2012 12:22 AM

ladies with rsd anywhere, but especially hands and arms: do you still do your makeup?

I was always one of those girls that couldn't leave the house without makeup, but now that I have extreme pain and use one hand(my right), because of rsd pain in my left arm/hand, I no longer do my makeup; only for special occasions. I was just wondering how it makes you feel to still do or not do your makeup b/c of rsd? I know that when you look good, you 'feel' better, but, I can barely make it through the day, and could almost,, careless as to what I look like, you know?

Thank you for all your responses.

Orrwhat 07-11-2012 01:10 AM

I also have an left arm injury as well as RSD. I have changed my daily routine to only putting on make-up and doing my hair for special occasions. The pain in my arm is just to much for me to do dry and curl my hair daily. I have even went to the extreme of cutting it shorter to make it easier to maintain.

PhyllisJ 07-11-2012 01:35 AM

I injured my left wrist/hand 5 1/2 years ago and RSD set in. I was left handed, so I had to learn to be...ehem...right handed. Still hurts to say that lol. Anyway, I learned how to open makeup bottles, put on the makeup, blend it in, put on powder, blush, and eye shadow with one hand. It is most definitely possible. I actually began to learn some of that when I was 15 (a very long time ago) when I injured my whole left side. Back then I even still put on eye liner and mascara. Believe me, it can be done without using your injured hand. I don't worry about it so much anymore, but when I was younger I did. And now that RSD seems to want to go into my face, I will probably be going without makeup more often.

stressedout 07-11-2012 06:52 PM

makeup

I have had RSD now for 3 1/2 yrs in my left hand and arm. I can't hold a blow dryer and brush to dry my hair. I have grown out my bangs and now have my hair all one legnth and keep it shoulder legnth. I actually really like it, and it's so easy. As for makeup, I was never big on lots of makeup. I ussually just put mascara and maybe a bit of eye liner. Yes, I can still do it with my right hand. For occasions where I want more I ussually have my daugter help me. She's 17 and such a great support for me. I do worry though because I have tendonitis problems and pain in my right arm because of over-compensating...so worried RSD will spread.