NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Porky pig syndrome again! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/40493-porky-pig-syndrome.html)

AZjanie 03-04-2008 03:27 PM

Porky pig syndrome again!

I was calling the Doctors office this morning to make an appointment for my husband and all was well until the receptionist answered my call.

I told her my name and why I was calling and then she started asking really hard questions like my phone number!!

I just went into a porky pig rendition... ibbity ibbity

I know it is number one on my cell phone oh yeah I remember... I gave her the wrong number then said wait; that's my friends number!

Then she asked his birthdate. Same thing and I told her well he's really old.... oh yeah I remember...

Fortunately she had the records there and got it.

I told her he was concerned about his sonogram no wait... his ultrasound!

She and I were both laughing but next time I am writing a script of what I want to say!

Another day another dumb ***** attack.:cool:

sugarboo 03-04-2008 03:32 PM

Thanks for the laugh!! I loved the 'really old' comment!! LOL!

suzyqz_2007 03-04-2008 03:49 PM

LOL So that's what it's called! That happens to me a lot. The most embarrassing thing was when I forgot my dh's name! :eek: For the life of me I couldn't think of it! Thankfully I was talking to my aunt and I just said you know that guy I married! She thought it was funny and now refers to him as that guy. lol

MooseasaurusRex 03-04-2008 04:44 PM

Yep.
Been there.
One of the reasons I hate phones. If I'm gonna come across as an idiot... I wanna do it in person! And yes beautiful, I've had to write out a 'script' a few times before I made a phone call.

momXseven 03-04-2008 04:46 PM

I really do have to write everything down before I call someone like a Dr.'s office. I have to write down my own phone number, address, everything I think they will ask because once I get on the the phone and they ask me something I'm not even sure of my own name. :D

GladysD 03-04-2008 08:40 PM

LMBO!!! I, too, write down notes for what I want to say on the phone :) :D

SallyC 03-04-2008 08:50 PM

You made me laugh so hard, Janie..:D:D:D

I love the way you tell a story...:cool:

weegot5kiz 03-05-2008 02:19 AM

i write an outline for those calls, to make sure i asked all i needed to know,

SandyC 03-05-2008 12:05 PM

LOL Thanks for the laugh! Shoot don't feel bad. I don't have any medical condition for my forgetfulness! I am a true dumb A$% at times! lmao

HSPCraig 03-05-2008 01:03 PM

I had a similar thing happen to me yesterday when calling my insurance company. They asked for my secret security code before they would continue talking to me. I was just totally blank! I started to just spit out all of the passwords that I knew of and she finally said, "your mother's maiden name?":confused:

I was so flustered by then I gave her my MIL's mother's maiden name, my wife's maiden name and then stopped and asked her who's maiden name did you need again? She then asked me for MY mother's maiden name. Yes, I knew that but couldn't remember right off what it was.:eek:

After about 30 seconds of stumbling around it finally came to me and I gave it to her. I then asked if there was anything else? She said, "no, that was quite enough." Then we did our business. Thank goodness they are so patient. Great customer service.:wink: