NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Facebook (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/84153-facebook.html)

freeinhou 04-14-2009 06:34 AM

Facebook

Ok, just exactly how many are you on Facebook? I "stumbled" across weegot5kiz's avatar and I think it's Frank, and I'm seeing some very familiar names...

Tom

Kitty 04-14-2009 06:51 AM

I have no idea how to use it.....but my kids sure do!! :p

Curious 04-14-2009 06:57 AM

Lil'Monkey has one. I use hers to message 2 of the members here.

We both don't like it much.

Kinda weird with people leaving you a message on your "wall" and a notification being sent to everyone on your friends list. Zero privacy with people on you list.

Also there are some people addicted to it. They change their staus or whatever that message is 100x a day. We could care less when someone brushed their teeth. :rolleyes:

Just my 2c.

Alffe 04-14-2009 07:09 AM

ROFL.....Twitter is even worse! :D

barb02 04-14-2009 07:23 AM

Guilty here -- I am on it. We were recommended to go on it as a way to connect to former students.

kicker 04-14-2009 07:29 AM

DD (17 ) put me on MySpace and Facebook. I have to have her help tp access either. My idea was to monitor hers, but can't. An old neighbor encouraged me to do Facebook. I finally had to admit I got notifications but had trouble accessing the site alone,why not just e-mail me. On Myspace I got a letter from a hopeful lesbian and a man who said he was married but dated. DD thought both hilarious and it did open the door for us to discuss what can happen to you in those very public forums.
My friend (who likes computer toys ) wanted us to IM. I need time and spell-check as I am now with MS. I hated IMing. I have e-mail, USE IT. I time out here!!

AfterMyNap 04-14-2009 07:38 AM

Ever wonder how many different ways we need to have available to communicate with the same batch of people? LOL, it's almost comical.

I am on FB but exclusively for high school people and family. I do not accept friend requests as I don't spend much time on it. It is a handy way to post photos and have family discussions in public privacy. :confused:

SandyC 04-14-2009 07:43 AM

I am on FB. Have been since the boys started college. I like it much better than Myspace which I just deleted. You can have private too through messages. Now that the boys are older I use it mainly for catching up with old friends and family like Cindy does. I never accept people I don't know. And you can set your preferences to not show in the news feed if you choose.

Kitty 04-14-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious (Post 495526)
Also there are some people addicted to it. They change their staus or whatever that message is 100x a day. We could care less when someone brushed their teeth. :rolleyes:

Just my 2c.

I totally agree with you. Whatever happened to picking up the phone or writing a letter??

That status message is creepy......who thinks that many people care what you're doing at any given second of the day?? :rolleyes:

freeinhou 04-14-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 495542)
Ever wonder how many different ways we need to have available to communicate with the same batch of people? LOL, it's almost comical.

I am on FB but exclusively for high school people and family. I do not accept friend requests as I don't spend much time on it. It is a handy way to post photos and have family discussions in public privacy. :confused:

Yeah - I think I want to keep facebook just for high school too. That's what got me there initially.

As a side note, I've learned quite a bit about Grand Rapids recently... West Michigan Whitecaps...

Tom