NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   help very hard to breathe!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/218908-help-hard-breathe.html)

CRPSsongbird 04-16-2015 02:49 PM

help very hard to breathe!!

Okay so I know what to expect with the chest symptoms of crps but now i am very six and am pretty sure I have bronchitis......fun....
Does anyone have experience this? I could use tips and advice!! I can barely talk because of my laboured breathing....

mrsD 04-16-2015 02:56 PM

I suggest you get to a doctor ASAP.... they will evaluate you and give you an inhaler to help, or further treat your problem.

Some drugs can cause shortness of breath...gabapentin and Lyrica are examples.

CRPSsongbird 04-16-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 1136035)
I suggest you get to a doctor ASAP.... they will evaluate you and give you an inhaler to help, or further treat your problem.

Some drugs can cause shortness of breath...gabapentin and Lyrica are examples.

Unfortunately I'm allergic to almost ALL medications used to treat crps and nerve pain.
I have an appointment in a few hours......hopefully they can help

Enna70 04-16-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRPSsongbird (Post 1136040)
Unfortunately I'm allergic to almost ALL medications used to treat crps and nerve pain.
I have an appointment in a few hours......hopefully they can help

Please keep us posted! Very concerned.....:grouphug:

Littlepaw 04-16-2015 05:54 PM

I hope it is just bronchitis and not something with meds or CRPS! My son gets bronchitis at least once a year sometimes twice. Any respiratory thing for him just goes that way. An albuterol or other inhaler definitely helps with that and we use a cool mister for him at night when he has it to keep the air moist and non-aggravating. Even though bronchitis is "supposed" to clear on its own, he gets on a fast track to wellness on the rare occasion he has needed antibiotics or a quick burst of prednisone.

I hope you feel better soon,
Littlepaw :hug:

cdwall 04-16-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRPSsongbird (Post 1136032)
Okay so I know what to expect with the chest symptoms of crps but now i am very six and am pretty sure I have bronchitis......fun....
Does anyone have experience this? I could use tips and advice!! I can barely talk because of my laboured breathing....

I don't have bronchitis but I get sgort of breath sometimes. It's maybe part of the POTS I have also?

Russell 04-17-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

I was born with bronchitis. I remember being in steam rooms for days at a time when younger.
Now being told I also have CPOD. Haven't yet connected to my CRPS but it's just another hassle.
Sorry for not having any answers for you. I'm still trying to figure it out myself.
One of my neighbors is also Native and has a sweat lodge in his yard which I use every now and then which helps.
Hope you find some sort of relief...

spiritscript 04-17-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Yes I do! Pulmonologist said I have COPD, but I don't even know if that's true unless CRPS can cause COPD?

Jerie 04-17-2015 07:39 PM

I have chest wall dystonia and have horrible muscle spasms and sometimes my heart feels like its going to pop or an elephant is on my chest. It's mostly muscular and sometimes sympathetic/parasympathetic nerve stuff that can cause bronchiole dilation and constriction. If your pec muscles are taunt or the muscles that band around your ribs are taunt its muscles. Try an inhaler. I've gone into dr swearing I must have low oxy levels cause I can't breath and its fine. Baclofen helps some, but those symptoms are quite frightening whatever it is. Try breathing techniques (deep breathing and slow exhaling). If nothing else it helps keep the panic down. I use a sedative and baclofen and a huffer, heat (clay) on back and chest and lay down. Hope this helps. Get well soon. This too shall pass eventually as RSD can change in intensity on a dime. Best wishes.

CRPSsongbird 04-17-2015 09:32 PM

So sorry for any worry!

I'm"okay". It is Bronchitis on top of my crps... my Doctor is worried my immune system has been compromised by my crps, and is concerned about my symptoms flaring but I will be alright...
I have Codine syrup, an inhaler, and antibiotics but I'm supposed to talk to her on Monday. And she wants to look into having me do a Ketamine Infusion instead of lidocaine, to help with the dystonia in my chest wall, along with the swelling and pain in my legs......but first I have to get better lol..I've pretty much lost my voice, and am still struggling to breathe but....I'll get there...
Thank you ALL for the concern and caring!! I was SO wiped just going to the doctor yesterday that I forgot to let you know what happened!