NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Got the trial SCS...sooo happy... (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/30348-trial-scs-sooo-happy.html)

lostmary 10-18-2007 01:03 PM

Got the trial SCS...sooo happy...

I just got my trial scs yesterday. Aside from a really painful back, it is working better than I could have hoped. I just went outside in a pair of shoes and socks and walked around. I even broke acorns with my shoes. I never would have expected such great results. I've already told my doc and the ans rep. that I wanted the perm one. they are going to start the insurance stuff again, and get me on the surgical schedule. AND.....doc said yesterday, that if and when I got the perm. that after about 9-12 monhts, that I should be able to ride my horses again. He did say no jumping, but I don't do that anymore. I'm looking at next Christmas, but still, it may be in my future.

Mary
:grouphug:

InHisHands 10-18-2007 01:07 PM

Mary,

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!! Praise God. That is so wonderful, may it last forever!

Love you hun! :hug::hug::hug:

Jomar 10-18-2007 01:59 PM

That is soo wonderful for you , I hope it's keeps doing great.

dreambeliever128 10-18-2007 02:17 PM

Hi Mary,

That is such great news. I hope the permanent one does what you want it to.
It's great to have something to look forward to isn't it. With RSD we don't have much in the way of fun but to be able to ride horses again. Every time someone mentions horses on here I really get excited.

I could have horses at my other place but my Dr. says no way. I do hope it happens for you.

Ada

sue k 10-18-2007 04:11 PM

Hi Mary,
I am so happy for you. The back pain shouldn't last too long. At the time I had mine put in, I was working at the time. They told me that I would be out for 2 weeks, but I was back in just 4 days. Good Luck with it!

Sue K.

frogga 10-18-2007 04:31 PM

Wahey!!! that is so awesome babes!!!! I'm so pleased it worked!!!

Love ya

Frogga xxxxxxxx:hug:

Desi 10-18-2007 11:21 PM

Oh Mary, This news is just so exciting!! And ya get to ride your "Beautiful horses" again!! I am so happy that your happy sweetie!! May God bless you and may you continue to get better and better! Much love~Love, Desi

wakegirl 10-19-2007 12:27 AM

HEY MARY
congrats
i hope the scs will help you to like it did me. is the hubby excited that you are not only back but could work in a limited capacity
if you ever need an answer feel free to ask, i will help you.
i found it funy....considering some of the horror
p.ps.
dont forget to input information in a journal or a small. for the first week or ten days for your temp. scs trial pain level in the foot, what you did during the day, what meds you take in at the end of the day (be specific about the program you used, frequency you found worked best why the other two didnt hel

tayla4me 10-19-2007 02:24 AM

Mary,:winner_first_h4h:

I am very very happy for you.
It is the positives like yours that give us the strength to keep going.

Keep us in touch with your progress.
Love Tayla:hug:

ali12 10-19-2007 05:54 AM

Hi there,
I am really happy for you, I really hope that you get the permannt SCS. What sort of drug is in the SCS that you have got? That is great news about you been able to ride your horse if you get the permanent one, I bet you are thrilled.
Many thanks and good luck
Thinking about you at this time
Alison