NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Dentistry & Dental Issues (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/)
-   -   White around my toorh extraction areas (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/237739-white-toorh-extraction.html)

Gnchels 07-08-2016 03:56 PM

White around my toorh extraction areas

1 Attachment(s)
I was just wonderinf if this was normal? Its been 2 days since I had it pulled and i had an imediate denture put in and was told to leave in for 2 days but its just been causing me horrible pain and I took it out today and I havr this white stuff around the area. It could be skin but im too scared to touch. I still have a dull throbbing pain but nothing like it was with the denture in. I got this pulled at an indian tribal clinic and it was all free but they did not give me any medication so ive just been guessing with tylenol. Any kind of input would be greatly appreciated. I have no insurance but if its getting infected id like to know what to do. Thank you

Bryanna 07-08-2016 06:32 PM

Gnchels,

It is not possible to diagnose via the photograph if that is pus exuding from the extraction site. However, the area looks very inflamed and that white area is not "normal" healing tissue.

Is it possible to go back to the clinic and see an oral surgeon to evaluate the socket for infection? This is not something you should try to treat on your own.

Bryanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnchels (Post 1216495)
I was just wonderinf if this was normal? Its been 2 days since I had it pulled and i had an imediate denture put in and was told to leave in for 2 days but its just been causing me horrible pain and I took it out today and I havr this white stuff around the area. It could be skin but im too scared to touch. I still have a dull throbbing pain but nothing like it was with the denture in. I got this pulled at an indian tribal clinic and it was all free but they did not give me any medication so ive just been guessing with tylenol. Any kind of input would be greatly appreciated. I have no insurance but if its getting infected id like to know what to do. Thank you

Gnchels 07-15-2016 06:38 PM

I have to wait until next wedensday. Its been a week and 2 days aince i got it pulles and therea still an open hole. How long shouls it take to heal? All of the white went away but theres a bump that ia kind of hard next to the open spot and when i pressed on it todag ot bled a little. Not sure if any puss is coming out or if this is normal. People say since its an "eye" tooth that this could take longer my pain has subsided for the most part but in the mornings im still sore. Or if i press on my lip to wipe my mouth and hit the bump, which is starting to go down a little. Im just an overly nervous person looking for answers. I really appreciate you taking out your time and replying!