NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   May be completely unrelated.. (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/175663-completely-unrelated.html)

SaraMichellee.(: 08-30-2012 03:21 PM

May be completely unrelated..

Okay. So, the past few days, I've been having some weird things happen while sitting in school:

First, I get really hot. Then I get a massive headache and my vision starts to get blurry and I can't focus. Then a sharp pain shoots through my legs, hips, back and shoulders. It causes me to cry and be in pain for like thirty minutes and I can't move at all, really.
And I tend to have a lot of pain in my hips, back and shoulders anyway because of the crps being in my right leg. But could it be spreading? All I'm asking for is if it may be happening to anyone else?

Thanks in advance!
-SaraMichellee.(:

Morgan Herritage 08-30-2012 10:48 PM

Is it hot where you're at? It could be early heat exhaustion. I have bad hot spells through the day/night. It has definitely up't my body temp. That's just me and I hope your symptoms go away.

Kevscar 08-31-2012 02:40 AM

First thing get to your doctor fast.
It could be but all my spreads have been accompanied by skin colour changes and increased hair growth rate, sweling but muscle atrophy so hopefully it could be something else but only your doctor can say that.

Shewarrior 08-31-2012 09:12 AM

Get to the doctor ASAP seriously. That is not happening to me except for hip and back pain
Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraMichellee.(: (Post 910300)
Okay. So, the past few days, I've been having some weird things happen while sitting in school:

First, I get really hot. Then I get a massive headache and my vision starts to get blurry and I can't focus. Then a sharp pain shoots through my legs, hips, back and shoulders. It causes me to cry and be in pain for like thirty minutes and I can't move at all, really.
And I tend to have a lot of pain in my hips, back and shoulders anyway because of the crps being in my right leg. But could it be spreading? All I'm asking for is if it may be happening to anyone else?

Thanks in advance!
-SaraMichellee.(:

tkayewade 09-01-2012 07:48 PM

I get the flushes and redness. I'm not sure why and I kind of feel it coming but not really.

SaraMichellee.(: 09-18-2012 06:19 PM

Guys! It quit! :D

LIT LOVE 09-18-2012 09:55 PM

All those symptoms can be related to RSD. Some come. Some go. Some stay.

Don't stress when they happen. If/when you experience pain in a new area, get a Lidoderm patch (or two) on and wear for 12 hours per day for 5 to 7 days. If that doesn't calm things down, probably time to schedule a block and/or a Ketamine infusion. If you have pain meds, this is the time to increase your dosages a little (but NOT more than prescribed of course.)

Going back to school was stressful on your body. Having flares every day is not good. Hopefully you've adjusted. If you need more accommodations, talk to your parents. When you flare at school, you need somewhere quiet to go where you can decrease all stimuli until you feel better. Cool and dark is good, but close your eyes at least. Listen with headphones to calming instrumental music like Clair de Lune.

Good luck!

SaraMichellee.(: 09-23-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIT LOVE (Post 915605)
All those symptoms can be related to RSD. Some come. Some go. Some stay.

Don't stress when they happen. If/when you experience pain in a new area, get a Lidoderm patch (or two) on and wear for 12 hours per day for 5 to 7 days. If that doesn't calm things down, probably time to schedule a block and/or a Ketamine infusion. If you have pain meds, this is the time to increase your dosages a little (but NOT more than prescribed of course.)

Going back to school was stressful on your body. Having flares every day is not good. Hopefully you've adjusted. If you need more accommodations, talk to your parents. When you flare at school, you need somewhere quiet to go where you can decrease all stimuli until you feel better. Cool and dark is good, but close your eyes at least. Listen with headphones to calming instrumental music like Clair de Lune.

Good luck!

Wow! Thank you sooooo much! I was starting to get worried that maybe something was wrong. But it's all gone now. :D I think you're right. Stress is all it was.