NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Am I just being too sensitive today? (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/183943-am-sensitive.html)

NorCalGal 02-13-2013 03:11 PM

Am I just being too sensitive today?

I get regular (every 3 months) botox shots in my left foot to abate the cramps. Oddly enough it helps alliviate them in both feet. This last visit there was a lot of blood after my doctor gave me the shot and since then I have had a lot of pain and numbness in my back. I sent an email to my doctor after a week of rest, pain medication, heat application and stretching. I asked him if Medtronic was the only "game in town" for DBS therapy along with mention of the back pain I have been experiancing and that 4 out of the 7 days since my shot I'm still having foot cramps....one day forcing me to abandon a shopping outing. His reply only addressed the Medtronic portion of my email. And I got very insulted that his response was "Would you like to come in and discuss ..." After thinking about his reply I shot back that I would prefer him to address the other issues in my email and to direct me to other sources regarding this new therapy or treatment that is due out in the next 6 months. My response was emotional, as too is this post. Half my face is numb and right on schedule my toes are beginning to curl up forcing me to spend my lunch hour prone on the couch in back of the office. And yes my back still hurts. Just had to vent. Sorry

lab rat 02-14-2013 05:25 AM

UCSF is worth the trip

If you end up "shopping" for a new doctor, and you can manage to get to UCSF, I think you will be glad you did.

Also, consider checking out the DISC center in Newport Beach if you decide on DBS.

I think you already suspect you can get more help than you are being offered. Go with your intuition.

Everyone here hopes you are better soon.

indigogo 02-14-2013 09:16 AM

ventilation

Lab Rat is right - it's time for a second opinion. You have lots of choices in Nor Cal - all of the best to you!

And it is always alright to vent!

Brain patch 02-14-2013 07:10 PM

No you are allowed

You are allowed to say when you think something is wrong. You know yourself better than anyone and if what is happening is wrong to you then get to a doctor who will check it out. It is enough to be dealing with sickness. Anything else is overload. My daughter had a minor surgery for knee fluid and I kept telling the doctors something was not right. I know my daughter. She is not a complainer. Turns out she had a surgical instrument sewn up inside her leg. Yeah, unbelievable and they treated me like I was some overreactive parent. Doctors make mistakes all the time. Hope you get feeling better soon. I will pray for you. Lots of love.:hug: