NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Has anyone heard of this one??? (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/88103-heard.html)

Martg1946 05-29-2009 01:26 AM

Has anyone heard of this one???

Hi everyone, I have RSD and was actually approved for SSDI..I also had to retire and am getting my husband's (he's deceased) SS...I was approved for medical and non medical. I was told by the lady handling my case (she has worked there for 33 years) that I would get about $200.00 more a month..in addition to my SS retirement...she is Family Medical Leave for 6 weeks and I called yesterday and was told, I was approved for SSDI but my widow's benefits (retirement) was more than disability..I thought you got disability in addition to widow's benefits!! I think I am just going to wait until the lady gets back in 4 more weeks and call and ask her. Stress makes my RSD worse. Thanks for listening to me..:confused:

2ndchance 05-30-2009 12:10 PM

I'm pretty sure you get the highest paying benefit - they are NOT cumulative.

finz 06-01-2009 02:50 AM

I just looked that up on ssa.gov recently.....You get whichever one is higher, but you don't get both

Grizabella 06-06-2009 08:19 PM

Yes, I was like you and got excited thinking I'd get a couple hundred more but not so---you get one or the other but not both.

screwballpookie 07-01-2009 12:06 PM

Hi martg1946,
I also have rsd and have had it for 7 yrs. I was just wondering how many times you had to apply for disability before they approved you? I have tried at least 5 times and have been denied every single time and now i have to try for an appeal. I lost my job in 2003 tried to get another one, went to college and tried for a job then. i have had no luck at getting a job. Besides who is going to want to hire someone that has a crutch to help them walk? They won't say that of course but I know that is what some of them do. I am only 36 yrs old and can't seem to get anything to work for me. Any other ideas? If so please help. Even if I don't know you I am still asking for help.

Sincerely,
Tracy

Shey 07-21-2009 03:44 PM

Retirement

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martg1946 (Post 516431)
Hi everyone, I have RSD and was actually approved for SSDI..I also had to retire and am getting my husband's (he's deceased) SS...I was approved for medical and non medical. I was told by the lady handling my case (she has worked there for 33 years) that I would get about $200.00 more a month..in addition to my SS retirement...she is Family Medical Leave for 6 weeks and I called yesterday and was told, I was approved for SSDI but my widow's benefits (retirement) was more than disability..I thought you got disability in addition to widow's benefits!! I think I am just going to wait until the lady gets back in 4 more weeks and call and ask her. Stress makes my RSD worse. Thanks for listening to me..:confused:

UR right about the stress in Texas I think u get both for instance my mother go SS from my dad and Military retirement I would think it would be the same but u should best check with her no prb listening Love to talk to people with RSD like me and u lol...................:hug:

Shey 07-21-2009 03:51 PM

Screwballpookie

Quote:

Originally Posted by screwballpookie (Post 531661)
Hi martg1946,
I also have rsd and have had it for 7 yrs. I was just wondering how many times you had to apply for disability before they approved you? I have tried at least 5 times and have been denied every single time and now i have to try for an appeal. I lost my job in 2003 tried to get another one, went to college and tried for a job then. i have had no luck at getting a job. Besides who is going to want to hire someone that has a crutch to help them walk? They won't say that of course but I know that is what some of them do. I am only 36 yrs old and can't seem to get anything to work for me. Any other ideas? If so please help. Even if I don't know you I am still asking for help.

Sincerely,
Tracy

Have u got u an attorney to help u they can settle it faster than u alone :hug:

LESS PAIN 08-02-2009 12:27 PM

Tracy

Quote:

Originally Posted by screwballpookie (Post 531661)
hi martg1946,
i also have rsd and have had it for 7 yrs. I was just wondering how many times you had to apply for disability before they approved you? I have tried at least 5 times and have been denied every single time and now i have to try for an appeal. I lost my job in 2003 tried to get another one, went to college and tried for a job then. I have had no luck at getting a job. Besides who is going to want to hire someone that has a crutch to help them walk? They won't say that of course but i know that is what some of them do. I am only 36 yrs old and can't seem to get anything to work for me. Any other ideas? If so please help. Even if i don't know you i am still asking for help.

Sincerely,
tracy

tracey, i also have are did, was told in 1998, but had many years before that. Your lawyer should have set up a trial way before now for you to go in front of judge, you can do this after second denial. Don't give up and keep asking for help. Rsd is a terrible monster that we have to deal with 24-7. It is very hard to prove these people are going against the disability act, and they get a way with it. Sorry to say. Please ask for help when you need it, you can not do this a lone. Stress is very bad thing peroid, but with rsd it will make it worse