NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Lonely1 (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/160929-lonely1.html)

barbo 11-18-2011 07:17 PM

Lonely1

If you get a kitty you'll have TWO hearts beating in your place.

Addy 11-19-2011 01:33 AM

LOL...

As I read/write this... my black and white cat, Buddy, is trying to climb onto my lap - drives me freaking nuts sometimes!

C'mon Lonely1 .... doncha just wanna have an annoying wet nose nuzzle your legs when you get up in the morning... Feed ME :eek: Feed ME!

Ah... the power of persuasion... :rolleyes:

thelonely1 11-19-2011 11:46 PM

I know, I know, everybody wants me to get a cat, but I just can't take care of another living creature... I can't even take care of myself. Me getting a pet would just be condemning it to a boring, disappointing life. (In other words the same reason I can't make any human friends) No cat should have to live with me.

Alffe 11-20-2011 07:32 AM

:D You just don't understand the nature of a kitty! What you see as a boring life, they see as unconditional love....they don't need "entertaining"...your very presence if their entertainment...all you need to provide is your body for her/him to lie on, purr on and snuggle with.

Wren 11-20-2011 10:12 AM

lonely1 ... It sure never entered my mind I could even have a cat .. I knew I was too floundering and weak. My counselor asked if I could/would just go to the humane society and LOOK....... I didn't need to take a cat or do anything - just look around.
I went and looked- then came home with two little fur balls that changed my life. They play and purr and love me more than anything else on earth.

barbo 11-20-2011 10:13 AM

Lonely1

Kitties don't have any expectations. They think of you as the "big" cat and just gravitate to you. You can leave a bowl of dry food out at all times - just fill it up whenempty. No crisis about feeding times. And the "Special Kitty" brand of kitty litter - very reasonable. Oh, and a bowl of water to refill when empty. No milk - milk isn't good for kitties. They are easy. Youcan leave them alone when you go away for a week-end. Just make sure the water bowl and food bowl are full. Oh, the litter comes from Walmart.

Addy 11-20-2011 01:14 PM

When I left my 22 year marriage ... I got 2 kittens ( I felt they needed each other when I couldn't be there - and there's no guilt when I go away). I needed to nurture...its a human thing :)

And about that wet nose I talked about above... my cats never pester me for food because I have a dispenser - - there is always food in their dish - they monitor themselves - and as a result they have never gotten fat. I keep their bowl of water in the bathroom on the tub edge so I never forget to fill the water - I see it all the time.

:hug:

Wren 11-21-2011 10:01 AM

Just buying things for cats can be funny .........
LOL LOL LOL
While shopping last night I saw such great cat beds that I bought TWO.
Just a bit ago I was removing all the tags to get the beds ready for my cats.
Good grief -- the tags read,
"Warning. For pets only. Pets should be supervised when using this product."

hee hee -- so I'm just going to sit on the floor and supervise the cats while they sleep in these little beds now placed on my couch.

barbo 11-21-2011 10:57 AM

Lonely1

But they don't HAVE to have beds! My Ruby doesn't have one. She sleeps with me.

thelonely1 11-22-2011 04:55 PM

But getting a cat would add responsabilty; it would be one more thing tying me to this world when I so desperately want to leave it. Right now there is one, and only one, reason that I keep suffering this existance, but that certainly doesn't mean I want to keep living. All it means is that I have to keep living. I just really don't want to try to get better anymore.