NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Rash (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/165820-rash.html)

gooberoobu 02-29-2012 09:09 PM

Rash

So i have a rash that continues to spread. It started on my scalp, but now covers the top half of my body. The dermatologist says that its a reaction to a medication.... I have contacted a couple of doctors who are tweaking my meds, although none of them think that its the medicine they prescribed (go figure!).

Has anyone had a rash from Mestinon, Robinal, or Prednisone, or even plasmaphersis?

Any thoughts?

Juanitad 02-29-2012 09:19 PM

Prednisone can give you a rash - I get one on my scalp every time I have to increase my dosage. Once it gets back down to about 20, it starts to go away. It's really called acne on the side affect list, but to me, it's a rash.

momma3love 03-02-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooberoobu (Post 856802)
So i have a rash that continues to spread. It started on my scalp, but now covers the top half of my body. The dermatologist says that its a reaction to a medication.... I have contacted a couple of doctors who are tweaking my meds, although none of them think that its the medicine they prescribed (go figure!).

Has anyone had a rash from Mestinon, Robinal, or Prednisone, or even plasmaphersis?

Any thoughts?

I have a rash that started in my scalp and has moved down to about mid back. I have been told it's "acne" from prednisone as well. I take 30-40mgs a day. But I also take Cellcept and a whole bunch of other stuff. All I know is I hate it! LOL

4-eyes 03-03-2012 10:17 AM

I had a rash from mestinon way back when. Intensely itchy, fairly flat pink/red rash. It continued to worsen, and finally after a night of shortness of breath/anxiety/paranoia, it was decided I was allergic to it and haven't had it since. However, it's important to think back and think if you've switched hair care products, etc as well.

Good luck.

tysondouglass 03-07-2012 10:11 AM

I have a constant rash from prednisone...it doesnt really itch it just is a bunch of red bumbs all over my arms, some filled with puss and some wont squeeze anything out and are big cyst like things.

bny806 08-24-2012 09:56 PM

I have an eczema like rash that is SOOO itchy, but its from IVIG..

BackwardPawn 08-24-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooberoobu (Post 856802)

Any thoughts?

Prednsione can give you a fungal rash. Check with your doctor to see if that's what it is, of course. My neuro said to use athletes foot medicine on it. That didn't work real well, though, so my PCP gave me a script for a cream and said to alternate Neutrogena T-Gel and a shampoo that contains Selenium. I haven't picked them up yet, so I can't comment on how well it works.

Not to hijack this thread, but I've had thrush on my tongue and a sinus infection that won't go away. I know the thrush is fungal, but I'm thinking the sinus infection is, too--I've been on antibiotics and allergy meds. Does anyone know how they treat that? I guess I'd go to an ENT.

Brennan068 08-25-2012 10:52 AM

My oncologist precribed "magic mouthwash" for thrush. He said the pharmacy would know what it is (and they did)

scrubbs 08-25-2012 11:35 AM

Notice the referance to;

Thrush can affect anyone, though it occurs most often in babies and toddlers, older adults, and people with weakened immune systems.

Medications that upset the balance of microorganisms in the mouth and may cause thrush include corticosteroids, antibiotics in this this web site.

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/gui...-health-thrush

scrubbs