NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Diana is in her new home! (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/77029-diana-home.html)

Doody 02-07-2009 08:10 PM

Diana is in her new home!

Sweet Diana has found her forever home after years of being in a terrible puppy mill!!

I just received an email from Jenny at HUA that Diana is here in town with her new mommy and doing very well. They just arrived home late this afternoon. I can hardly wait to meet her. After doing the home visit the other night, I just knew it would soon be Diana's home too. :hug:

I just have no words how happy I am for them both.

jaded2nite 02-07-2009 08:41 PM

With the economy so bleak it warms my heart when any animal goes to their fur-ever home.

I am making donations to my local rescue group in each of my pets names for Valentines Day this year instead of buying them toys.

Shelters and rescues are really suffering (they are always on a shoestring budget) but the economy is making it worse. My daughter ALWAYS gets me flowers or a plant for Valentines day I asked her to make a donation instead. My heart feels better knowing some animals will be helped.

Flowers will die......a donation may save a fur babies life!

Dottie

Koala77 02-07-2009 09:19 PM

I'm so pleased for Diana. I was so hoping the her new mom would "pass" the interview.

I can feel your pleasure in the words that you write Doody. I daresay it's a wondeful feeling to find a good home for these dogs.

befuddled2 02-08-2009 02:18 AM

Cool...

Barbara

braingonebad 02-08-2009 07:28 AM

I'm so glad to hear that Doody! Thanks for the good news. There's nothing like adopting a dog. For all the hard times they may have seen, they face a new life with all that gusto, tail wagging, dog-smiling. I have so much respect for them.

:)

Jaded - what a great idea!

GmaSue 02-09-2009 03:05 AM

yeah-hua and you rock Doody!!!

I hope they send you pictures-or are their pics of their new one on hua's website?

~scrabble 02-10-2009 11:54 PM

Doody,

That's wonderful news!

Diana is a beauty and she looks like she just loves the sunshine. Nice to see the dog that goes with the name.

thanks!

:hug:

undiagnosedillness 02-11-2009 03:16 AM

This is the best news I've heard all day :)

Doody 02-11-2009 03:12 PM

I talked to her new mommy a couple nights ago. She knows it will take some time for Diana to get used to being there. Imagine going from a cage (for years) to a no-kill shelter (with lots of other dogs) then to a quiet home with a stranger! Puppy mill dogs have their challenges.

But Monday night she said that Diana came up to her on the couch, where she was resting and watching television. She said she looked at her sheepishly and then suddenly bounded up on the couch and forced her way between Mommy's back and the couch. Mommy was surprised and laughed.

We had several sunny, warmer days, and I guess she loved laying in the kitchen under the lovely big windows that look out into the yard, soaking up the rays. :)

Doody 02-17-2009 07:36 PM

Diana's mommy called me today and invited Bruna and me over for a play date after work on Thursday. Hee. She thinks Diana is having separation issues from HUA, poor baby. I told her the same thing happened with Bruna. It took awhile for her to feel safe and at home.