NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Depression (https://www.neurotalk.org/depression/)
-   -   Depression Check-in Week of 10/30 (https://www.neurotalk.org/depression/5039-depression-check-week-10-30-a.html)

Julie 10-30-2006 08:55 AM

Depression Check-in Week of 10/30

Good morning friends. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had a sick kid, but luckily he got sick after I got some much needed shopping done on Saturday! I'm so materialistic....lololol....but shopping does lift my spirits even thought it was mostly for him. A few weeks ago, the canine garbage disposal went after his shoes and really did a lot of damage. We found him some great shoes, but he wouldn't give the chewed up ones up. Then we had to go to Clinique where I needed buy some of their wonder stuff...the T-Zone Shine Control. I need this stuff by the barrel. It works so well to keep the shine off your face. They were out, but and this is why I always tell my sister, you don't get this service at Kohl's but you do at Dillard's...they are mailing it to me this week for no charge. What a way to keep a customer! We also visited the candy store for some much needed Jelly Belly's.

Saturday morning we went to church for my Alpha retreat. If the Alpha classes ever come to your church, please take them. So wonderful. Since Michael got sick Saturday night we missed church Sunday morning and of course Trunk or Treat at the church later that day. It was a nice weekend to have mostly to myself with hubby out of town. Got lots of laundry done on Sunday and even darned some socks.

Have a great week all!

Julie

jingle 10-30-2006 09:11 AM

Hi Julie - Hi everyone.
Julie, I hope Michael is feeling better now and everything is going well.

I'm glad the weekend is over. I am not a fan of weekends. At least my PC woes are over and all is well there. :D I wish I could find a new modem for ME :p

I hope everyone is doing well.

Idealist 10-30-2006 04:38 PM

Hey everyone! I've had a pretty good week. Been sleeping well for six nights in a row. WOW!

Sounds like the shopping was fun, Julie. Just what you needed...minus your son getting sick. Hope he's feeling better.

I'm glad you got your PC going right again, Jingle. I wouldn't mind having a modem for myself either, but I have no idea what speed I would need. LOL

Have a good week, ya'll...

Idealist

Boopers 10-30-2006 11:00 PM

Hello Everyone,

Glad you all survived the weekend! Mine was pretty good. Mostly, sat around watching the boob tube and talking with hubby. He always has a way of lifting my spirits. I'm looking forward to tomorrow night, Halloween night, as the grandkids are coming by to get their treats! They are 2, 3, and 4 so still little enough to be very excited and scared easily! Hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Linda :)