NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   Anniversary (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/150159-anniversary.html)

pooh_ac 05-13-2011 08:06 PM

Anniversary

Today is the 14 year Anniversary of the injury that caused my RDS:(. It seems all I want to do one this wonderful day is to cry:Bawling: On this momentus day I have decided that I am no longer able to continue my work in surgery. :(, of late I am too distracted by my own health and pain to take care of my patients as they need and deserve. I am going to move to "lurk" mode to lick my wounds and mourn yet another loss in my life.

Rrae 05-13-2011 11:29 PM

Dear DEAR Pooh! :hug::hug::hug:
Indeed we understand! There come times when we just need a 'break' once in awhile. Take the time you need dear friend. You KNOW how VERY special you are to all of us!
You have always brought us smiles and joy, even in the midst of all the pain you are in and the pressure you are under at work. But sometimes it's just not the time to 'smile'. Oh how I know :( :hug:

Please take time for YOU ok? Plez?

:Heart::Heart::Sorry: :icon_sad:

irljenn 05-14-2011 03:50 AM

Hi Pooh

14 years of this pain I take my hat off to you! i have been just over 3 years and I was only able to return to work for a short stint last year but have been out again since last august, it is devasting when we realise we can no longer do what we were once great at! a few weeks ago my dr told me I would probably never be able to do my old job again ( 3 years of rsd) I was very down for days and reacted by taking all my 'work clothes' out of my wardrobe and putting them up in the attic/ being honest I am still very sad about it as my job was part of my 'identity' I think this added to my feelings of well if i cant work what can i do ? I was always the 'bread winner' in this house so the strain financially is another burden we carry. it is hard and my heart goes out to you at this time. i do hope the rest from doing a job as physically demanding as you do will make the pain calm down for you :hug: j

Saffy 05-14-2011 12:05 PM

Am so sorry you have another thing to deal with .. I remember well, finally resigning from my position as I knew that there was no way possible that I could return to the work I had been doing even with the stim. (Actually the Doctor said he would not operate if I continued in retail work)

It takes a good while to get used to .. it's a real loss.

Be gentle on yourself.

Sophie_ 05-14-2011 01:53 PM

Hi Pooh, It sure does suck when you have to the job you love up, I dunno about you but I spent years saying this pain that I've for many years wouldn't stop me doing the stuff that I want to do including the job I love, but the reality is sometimes it just can't be helped and the result is this. Please God you 'll get some relief from your RSD and that you find not only the energy but the physical a ability to do other meaningful things.
Do you have any hobbies you can still do?
My heart goes out to you and hugs all-round,

Take care Hun,

Sinead

Mark56 05-15-2011 10:56 PM

Oh My Dear Friend

How I ache for you in this crossroad you have approached. Not easy in the least to arrive at teh conclusoin to which you are driven. Your strength of purpose, character, wisdom, advice, and empathy have sorely been needed in this world both in the room of medical operative procedures and here on this forum of NT. You are a HERO in the broadest possible iteration of the term as you have shown us your life of working to save those of others and your constant participative reminders of care and wisdom to each of us who live these pains and seek solace on this forum.

YOU ARE ONE OF MY HEROESand I admit this in the most profound of means here before the entire world. My hat is off to you. My heart is intued to you. My soul pains for your ache which drives you to this life changing move. I pray for you daily, hoping and waiting to learn whether you have been granted some mite of relief.

Be well my friend, be well,
Love,
Mark56:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug ::hug::hug:z