NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Pain in ears (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/111560-pain-ears.html)

dshue 01-01-2010 06:01 PM

Pain in ears

The good news for me is that I don't feel the knife stuck in the base of my spine at the moment. The bad news is that it has been replaced as my dominant pain for now by that same knife jabbed into my left ear. An ear lobotomy if you will.

Christmas Day I'm getting ready for a big spread for dinner at a nice hotel we were staying at, when a, literally, ear piercing fire alarm went off. It was a bolt inside my head, and I instantly plugged my ears, but, as vanity took over, I had to arrange the suit one last time before leaving the room, taking my fingers out of my ear.

Big mistake.

My ears 'went' as I'm giving to saying for each spread, and the pain, with a continual high pitched ringing, lasted until I sat to eat. My right ear subsided, but my left ear stayed.

I guess I'm looking for any one with similar ear issues. Any advice, suggestions, for dealing with this new addition.

keep smilin 01-01-2010 06:34 PM

I gotz it too!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dshue (Post 605788)
The good news for me is that I don't feel the knife stuck in the base of my spine at the moment. The bad news is that it has been replaced as my dominant pain for now by that same knife jabbed into my left ear. An ear lobotomy if you will.

Christmas Day I'm getting ready for a big spread for dinner at a nice hotel we were staying at, when a, literally, ear piercing fire alarm went off. It was a bolt inside my head, and I instantly plugged my ears, but, as vanity took over, I had to arrange the suit one last time before leaving the room, taking my fingers out of my ear.

Big mistake.

My ears 'went' as I'm giving to saying for each spread, and the pain, with a continual high pitched ringing, lasted until I sat to eat. My right ear subsided, but my left ear stayed.

I guess I'm looking for any one with similar ear issues. Any advice, suggestions, for dealing with this new addition.

Dshue..

My RSD was officially diagnosi 2+ yrs. ago ..following rt. leg .. but prior to that I had been having an issue with my left ear and master painful headaches esp. when waking up in the morning with them.. The ear is best described as underwater... painful loss of hearing was detected but the Dr. at the time finally attributed it to the shingles which I had on my neck just previous. But now I look back and have to wonder if RSD had already had a running start on me.. maybe I will never know either... My ear has never been the same..painful ache all of the time... Does this help you??:o

vannafeelbettr 01-01-2010 08:00 PM

Me too

Just like Keep Smilin mentioned, I also get the "ear thing" in the morning when I wake up. I noticed this happens when I lie on that particular side to sleep (Lay on left, pain in left ear, lie on right side, pain in right ear). Best solution for me is when I sleep on a recliner, as no weight/pressure is put on my head when it stays somewhat elevated, and I try not to sleep on my side (which is hard, because I am a side sleeper)

Best of luck Vanna

loretta 01-01-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dshue (Post 605788)

Big mistake.

I have ear pain also. My internist said I have infection in my ear. I also have trigeminal nerve pain in my left temple-same side-have full body RSD and internal. 15 years now. I Don't know the answers or solution to TN, but feels like an ice pick stuck in my temple- pain goes over half of side of my face.
There is a TN forum here. Hope all are well as can be, loretta

keep smilin 01-01-2010 09:37 PM

Friends...

Quote:

Originally Posted by loretta (Post 605830)
I have ear pain also. My internist said I have infection in my ear. I also have trigeminal nerve pain in my left temple-same side-have full body RSD and internal. 15 years now. I Don't know the answers or solution to TN, but feels like an ice pick stuck in my temple- pain goes over half of side of my face.
There is a TN forum here. Hope all are well as can be, loretta

My friends.....
I think we're onto somethin!!!!!!!

KS:grouphug: