NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   *scream* - millions of invisible bugs! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/132447-scream-millions-invisible-bugs.html)

Blessings2You 09-12-2010 06:04 PM

*scream* - millions of invisible bugs!

AAARGH, there are millions of imaginary microscopic vicious little bugs creeping all over me and biting/stinging me. I've been scratching myself silly. If they were real, I could at least KILL 'EM!!

kicker 09-12-2010 06:17 PM

All this bedbug talk is effecting me. I don't have them, but swear something is crawling on me during nap-time before I'm asleep.

Blessings2You 09-12-2010 06:42 PM

Invisible bugs and imaginary wet spots/trickles were among my first symptoms. I thought I was going crazy. I frequently feel things that aren't really there, but it isn't usually this bad.

Kitty 09-12-2010 07:10 PM

It might be the change in weather. I always get strange sx when the weather (temp) changes.

SallyC 09-12-2010 08:30 PM

Oh yes, the case of the invisable tiny brown recluses and electric zaps all over.:eek: I get that...try Caladryl Clear or benedrill lotions. It helps some.:rolleyes:

I'm with Kicky though, ever since the bedbug talk, it's been worse....EEK..:D

Lady 09-13-2010 12:24 AM

B2U have you tried any medication for those sensory feelings? I had those and TG they went away. I would slap my leg or arm and think a bug bit me and nothing was there.

Somehow the brain interprets some feeling like clothes touching you as a shock or itch, it gets mixed up with it' s signals to and from the brain. Try to change the feeling.

Try menthol power or menthol rub. Maybe vibration with those little handle vibrators to change the sensation your brain is getting. It stinks to get those. I get only an occasional shock on my body at least once or twice a day. The wet pant leg feeling has stopped.

Sometimes some symptoms can burn out and go away. I hope you find something to help you. :hug:

Twinkletoes 09-14-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 694450)
AAARGH, there are millions of imaginary microscopic vicious little bugs creeping all over me and biting/stinging me. I've been scratching myself silly. If they were real, I could at least KILL 'EM!!

Well, phooey, Blessings. That sounds just awful!

Want to borrow my imaginary anteater? :winky:

SallyC 09-15-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes (Post 695097)
Well, phooey, Blessings. That sounds just awful!

Want to borrow my imaginary anteater? :winky:

LOL!! Your imaginary friend is an Ardvark??:D

sw8689 10-05-2010 01:40 PM

Tiny Buggles...

Oh me and my tiny buggles... I have this problem all too often, it feels like I have invisible flees. And to make matters worse, we brought home bed bugs a year ago from charity work an I was really getting bitten! So now I am so paranoid. Sometimes I also get a sensation of itchy fat..it is like underneath my skin on my thighs usually starts to ich and it is so bad i bruise my skin scratching. Taking an antihistamine helps when this happens.

Also, using pure coconut oil as moisturizer stops the tiny buggles for me most of the time, but not on my head.

So you are not alone, and it is a nerve thing not real bugs (usually).
I hope this helps.

EddieF 10-05-2010 07:11 PM

Try Benadryl? 25mg every night? My skin became alive when I had morphine type drugs post surgery. Benadryl shot in my i.v. stopped it in minutes.