NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   new here- looking for help- friends (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/142152-looking-help-friends.html)

ausbel 01-02-2011 10:11 PM

new here- looking for help- friends

Hi everyone - I am new here and new to neuropathy pain- I had an upper lip inner gum cyst removal on one side and a root canal on the other side - I now suffer from nerve pain on both sides- I do take meds and under dr care- I am trying to find friends who share my story- Trying to find my way around here to I often feel so alone-- looking forward to meeting you all--- :):):):):)

Abbie 01-03-2011 12:59 AM

Hello and Welcome!

Hello Ausbel and WELCOME to Neurotalk!

I'm sorry to hear of your pain! :(

Here are a couple of Forum Links that may be of interest to you.

Please feel free to roam around and join in anywhere. If you have any questions or need any assistance please don't hesitate to ask, someone will always be along shortly to help in any way that we can.

I look forward to seeing you a round the board.
:)
Abbie

(Broken Wings) 01-03-2011 10:30 AM

Welcome to NT

Looks like you already have great links for your concerns.

There are lots of helpful folks here.

Let us know if you need anything.

The "SEARCH" feature is very helpful.

Darlene 01-04-2011 01:08 AM

Hello and Welcome!!

Hello and welcome to NeuroTalk. Happy to see you have come to be with us. Just let us know if we can be of any help.

There are great number and caring fellow members here to assist you. Our shouders are here for support in many ways. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around.

Darlene :hug:

azoyizes 01-04-2011 01:14 PM

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/r...WELCOME-vi.gif

Hello, and welcome to NT! This is such a great place with many helpful, friendly, and caring people.

We're so glad you found us! :)

amethyst_myst 01-05-2011 12:21 AM

Hi Ausbel and welcome,

The cause of my neuropathy pain is different than yours, but when it comes to neuropathic pain, that matters not.

I've tried neurontin, lyrica and a couple of other such drugs, along with a variety of anti-seizure meds (which are being used to treat this kind of pain), and haven't had very much success with them. The anti-seizure drugs took the edge off the pain a very little bit, but it wasn't enough to make it worth the side effects and paying to refill the prescriptions every month. I got off the last of those last year and haven't noticed any difference in the pain.

I know that there are a lot of people who do get pain relief from some of those drugs. Have you tried any of them?

I've started experimenting with anti-inflammatory foods and spices/herbs to see if that might help. A couple of times I've actually thought I may have noticed some difference, but because this kind of pain is better sometimes, worse sometimes, and almost unbearable sometimes, it's hard to tell yet if it's actually helping. I haven't been doing it long enough to really be able to tell yet anyway though.

Anyway, I totally understand where you're probably at with it. Clothing, shoes, socks, bedding, etc., touching me, hugs, etc., all are very painful. The things I never had to even think about before an AVM bled in my spinal cord can cause me terrible pain now.

I've learned to get used to it some, but even after 8 years I'm not sure that I'll ever get any more used to it than I am now.

Feel free to say 'hello' anytime you want to, and let me know if there's any way I can help out. I know that a lot of times just having contact with others who are experiencing the same thing is what we really need when nothing else really helps.

Wishing you the best.