NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Update (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/146203-update.html)

EE03 03-07-2011 05:17 PM

Update

My neurologist did a second/third round of EMG/NCV tests and the results this time were the same as the last two times. He didn't find any motor involvement, which I think is a good thing, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. He ordered 48 tests comprised of blood and urine(two 24 hour collections and a random) and now I'm waiting for those results to come in. I've got the Liza Jane spreadsheet and will compare the tests run against it. Its nice to know that the "objective" tests support my complaints. I was beginning to think it was all in my head.

mrsD 03-07-2011 05:35 PM

Keep us up to date!

No it is not imaginary... (but pain perception is in your head, technically).

And yes, no motor involvement is a good thing.

daniella 03-08-2011 07:13 AM

At least your doctor is doing testing. That is a positive. Better to rule things out even. I hope you get some answers and relief

JoanB 03-08-2011 08:45 AM

Yep, after a while, "negative" results are not necessarily good news. Good luck!

Raglet 03-09-2011 01:36 AM

it's good on both counts - not having motor issues, and not getting any worse. I have sensorimotor neuropathy, and each time I have tests it has progressed (but I don't need tests to tell me that).

Still, having stable tests doesn't mean it's going away which isn't good news ....

Raglet

EE03 03-09-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raglet (Post 751471)
it's good on both counts - not having motor issues, and not getting any worse. I have sensorimotor neuropathy, and each time I have tests it has progressed (but I don't need tests to tell me that).

Still, having stable tests doesn't mean it's going away which isn't good news ....

Raglet

I know its not going away to. But, I didn't ask if the tests were worse than last time. Seeing another neuro in the interim who was sure that I had SFN which I challenged and had a punch biopsy that was essentially normal, then he blamed my symptoms on osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. So, going back to the original neuro who initially tested me was my best move. He discovered that the interim neuro never bothered to test my feet and that is the worst area that I experience my symptoms. Anyway, I'm anxious for the results to come in and see what, if anything they show.

In the interim, my forearm has been siezing up on me which is a new symptom. If I try to write, the muscles get bound up so tight and its so painful. I've complained of this to my pain management doctor and to the neuro so I need to ask about it again when I see him for the results. I don't know if he'll want to do an EMG/NCV on it or not. Some days I feel like theres no end to this stuff...:eek: