NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Off Topic (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/1349-topic.html)

Alffe 09-22-2006 07:32 AM

Off Topic

I didn't want this to get buried in another thread, but it occurs to me that MOST of our threads are off topic...if all we talked about was suicide it would be hopefully, a very inactive forum.

There is always "that elephant" in this room...in the past, we had more lurkers than posters in this forum but we have surely learned a lot from each other.

Whether we have lost a loved one to suicide or are feeling suicidal ourselves...this is the place to talk about it because we really do "get it".

Hugs for the room

Doody 09-22-2006 08:41 AM

I was thinking the same thing Alffe.

I think we should appoint you to write up a sticky, maybe. And explain exactly that. Hugs.

Bobbi 09-23-2006 09:01 PM

((( Thank you, Alffe ))).

KathyM 09-24-2006 12:46 PM

Thank you Alffe. The purpose of this forum is understood by the regulars, but it might look a bit strange to someone new to see people laughing and having a good time. Maybe they don't realize it's necessary to bring a little balance to life - it's necessary for survival.

I came back to this forum because I was starting to feel the weight of that elephant on my own shoulders. I saw all of you laughing and connecting with each other, but I know you well enough to know you'd turn your focus to me if I needed to talk. It turned out that all I needed at the time was to laugh and see all of you connecting again. :)

I hope others will understand it won't spoil the mood if they prefer to talk about what's troubling them. We've all been there too.

Alffe 09-25-2006 08:03 PM

I just had to sweep in here and tell Kathy M. that I love her....:p

waves at Bobbi ..................:D

Alffe 09-25-2006 08:04 PM

Ms.Doody I have no idea how to make a sticky! :p

Curious 09-25-2006 08:11 PM

i can make the sticky. who else? i have choccy fingers. :p

let me know when you get what you want all set.

Alffe 09-25-2006 09:11 PM

:D Well I should have known! :D Let me sleep on it...right now my mind is a total blank Ms Sticky Fingers.:p :p

Alffe 09-26-2006 07:19 AM

Survivors of Suicide

Who are we? And why do we hang out here?

Some of us have lost a loved one to suicide...some of us are feeling so crushed by life that we want it to end.

We come together for support..we count on each other to pick us up, dust us off and give us a reason to try some more.

We don't judge people in this forum and we ask not to be judged ourselves.
When you share here, we promise to listen with our hearts.

All are welcome....especially lurkers! :D

Curious 09-26-2006 08:25 AM

you have been stuck alffe! :D