NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Anyone familiar with Keppro? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/21517-familiar-keppro.html)

MSacorn 06-10-2007 11:47 AM

Anyone familiar with Keppro?

I'm been searching for pain relief in my hands. Came across Keppra. It is an anti-siezure and some are prescribed for MS pain.

I'm currently on Trileptal for a mild siezure in Oct 06, related to Methotrexate I had started 6 weeks earlier.

I'm wondering if any of you wonderful, knowledgeable MS'ers have any input for me.

Chris 06-10-2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSacorn (Post 111239)
I'm been searching for pain relief in my hands. Came across Keppro. It is an anti-siezure and some are prescribed for MS pain.

I'm currently on Trileptal for a mild siezure in Oct 06, related to Methotrexate I had started 6 weeks earlier.

I'm wondering if any of you wonderful, knowledgeable MS'ers have any input for me.

Are you referring to KEPPRA? It too is an anti-seizure medication used for MS pain on occasion.

MSacorn 06-10-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 111352)
Are you referring to KEPPRA? It too is an anti-seizure medication used for MS pain on occasion.

Chris
Yes, I am. Can't read my own handwriting. :o Thanks.

Jalee 06-11-2007 09:29 AM

I took Keppra for awhile and it really helped take away the pain in my legs. I had to go off it though when I developed a rash. My neuro says I'm allergic to it.

I'm now on Lyrica.

MSacorn 06-11-2007 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalee (Post 111595)
I took Keppra for awhile and it really helped take away the pain in my legs. I had to go off it though when I developed a rash. My neuro says I'm allergic to it.

I'm now on Lyrica.

Jalee
Thanks for the info on Keppra. Bummer you developed an allergy esp. since it was working.

I'm on Lyrica 50mg in am 150mg in pm. The 50 makes me drowsy. The 150 messes with my balance big time. I stagger diagonally to the right. Quite amusing to watch but very slight relief for pain.

Jalee 06-14-2007 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSacorn (Post 111644)
Jalee
Thanks for the info on Keppra. Bummer you developed an allergy esp. since it was working.

I'm on Lyrica 50mg in am 150mg in pm. The 50 makes me drowsy. The 150 messes with my balance big time. I stagger diagonally to the right. Quite amusing to watch but very slight relief for pain.

I take 75 mg. three times per day. I take Provigil also, so maybe I don't feel drowsiness. My balance is always off. I haven't noticed it being any worse from the Lyrica.

MSacorn 06-14-2007 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalee (Post 112831)
I take 75 mg. three times per day. I take Provigil also, so maybe I don't feel drowsiness. My balance is always off. I haven't noticed it being any worse from the Lyrica.

Jalee
Thanks for your input. I was taking the as you stated, My medicare Rx company gave me and dr office, separately, much grief said change to 150 and 50. Even each cap cost the same no matter the dosage.

I go see a new neuro at the end of the month. I am eager to see his ideas on pain relief.

I do take provigil if I have to leave the house. I am sleepy at home.

Jalee 06-15-2007 06:47 PM

I take 200 mg. of Provigil every day. The only time I skip it is when I am on IV steroids.

MSacorn 06-15-2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalee (Post 113474)
I take 200 mg. of Provigil every day. The only time I skip it is when I am on IV steroids.

I have trouble sleeping even with my nite med that make me drowsy. I'm afraid if I take Provigil daily, I'll never sleep.

If I give in and nap, I'm really screwed and can be awake until the next morning.

I tired of being tired and not sleeping. This MS really sucks. :(