NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Neuropathy doesn't stop me from...!!!, and in 2011 i will... (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/141197-neuropathy-doesnt-stop-2011-a.html)

CarlaDanDan 12-19-2010 06:20 PM

Neuropathy doesn't stop me from...!!!, and in 2011 i will...

Hello everybody
I was searching on the forum about HOBBIES and came an old thread "If I didn't have neuropathy I would......."
I read many replies...
some really funny which gave me a good laugh,
some that put me down, to realise that many of us want our old lives back...

and i thought about to write some activities that i want to put in practice in the new year and share with yours. Im really tired to stay house-bound :paperbag: living a miserable life! So many times i heard to "focus in what i can do rather than in what i can't!" so i started to make some changes since October this year, lots still to do and i hope the seeds im planting today will become nice flowers tomorrow.

Neuropathy doesnt stop me from... having a new and happier life where i can accomplish my goals, i just realise that they just must be set according with my abilities and timing.

IN 2011
1-i will take a new course and complete the same :Writting:
2-have a new job that i really enjoy and that dont take all my energy :D
3-be more and more focused,
4-stop boycotting my happiness and well-being
5-exercise!!!!! I really need a light routine that i can keep on
6-want to try pilates (hope to have more pain free days for that one)
7-gain more knowlegde about my health condition and of course share here with you all! :grouphug:

now im looking forward to read yours
and December 2011 i will read this again, and hopefully i will achieve most of those 6 above

HAPPY 2011 FOR EVERYONE!!!!
FULL OF ACHIEVEMENTS, LOVE, HAPPINESS AND PROSPERITY!!!
Thank you for all your support here this 2010.
lots of love
Carla

Sheltiemom18 12-19-2010 07:18 PM

Carla,

I've sent for a Tai Chi DVD for beginners. That's probably as low impact as one can get, and from what I understand is really beneficial exercise.

Good luck with an exercise program - it can only help.

Sheltiemom

rose_thorn98 12-19-2010 09:52 PM

In 2010 I will.....

Begin an exercise program that will work for my body.

Get better care and pain management for myself.

Focus more on what I have rather than what I don't.

Continue to be happy that I was at least able to have my son before neuropathy.

And one thing I am doing for sure, is taking a planned trip to England for 15 days with my son and husband. It will be a challange, but I'm not cancelling that trip!!!!

invisable 12-19-2010 11:08 PM

Humm.............

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose_thorn98 (Post 727259)
Begin an exercise program that will work for my body.

Get better care and pain management for myself.

Focus more on what I have rather than what I don't.

Continue to be happy that I was at least able to have my son before neuropathy.

And one thing I am doing for sure, is taking a planned trip to England for 15 days with my son and husband. It will be a challange, but I'm not cancelling that trip!!!!

I'm not quite as pumped up as you guys are at the moment.......I'll have to get back to you on this (I still have a few weeks.......lol!)

darlindeb25 12-20-2010 08:15 AM

Continue my walking to keep the wieght off!

Continue my quest for the healthiest I can be!

Continue to offer my experiences for others to relate to.

Keep my fingers crossed that all of us can do everything we want to do.
:grouphug:

echoes long ago 12-20-2010 01:41 PM

win the lottery

Mere 12-20-2010 01:51 PM

I will start a micro-business selling my jewelry. And I will once again have some sort of identity...

cyclelops 12-20-2010 02:08 PM

I have a microbusiness....now I have a dozen eggs per day to pitch at cars going by, or fast moving bovines. Organic, no less!

Seriously, yes, do the microbusiness (May I not recommend poultry? Lest you be known as the 'crazy egg lady'. I do manage to sell a few dozen, and, eat the rest.)

I wholeheartedly recommend doing something that one can identify with!

Living with this condition for over a decade, I can attest to being more inspired some years than others. My inspiration usually ends up being my husband's 'honey do' list....he is game tho.

With it being New Year's soon, I think it a good time for me to make a resolution I will break....give me a few days....I will come up with something.

Feel the Burn 12-20-2010 02:51 PM

I will also come up with some resolution I can break, Maybe force myself to have some better days

Mere 12-20-2010 07:37 PM

Last year and the year before that, I said that I would try to feel better. It is not happening... As much as I try, I am not feeling better. In fact, it is slowly getting worse. The little things are.

Being an organic egg lady is good Cyclelops! Indeed, I do know about inspiration coming in ebbs and flows... I think I am having a "flow" year. ;)