NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   I don't like Mothers Day (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/149801-dont-mothers-day.html)

Blessings2You 05-08-2011 07:15 AM

I don't like Mothers Day

There. I said it, and I don't care. The "why" is complicated and has many components, but when I was well enough to plan and go, my husband and I would take a day trip on Mothers Day, get away from home, church, tv, etc. and just escape. Wish I could this year. Go for a ride to the White Mountains or Vermont Institute of Natural Science. Ugh. There.

TwoKidsTwoCats 05-08-2011 10:39 AM

It is definitely not as fun as it use to be. With limitations of our body or minds..for some finances... it's makes it difficult to enjoy as we did before.

Plus I really miss my Grandmothers and Aunt Dette more and more.... Fond memories, but bittersweet that they are no longer within arms reach.:hug:

SallyC 05-08-2011 01:30 PM

That's ok, MD doesn't have to be everyone's cup of tea. It's all a big commercial, anyway.:rolleyes:

:grouphug:

Dejibo 05-08-2011 04:47 PM

im glad its OVAH! too much money, too much running, and too much having to pay attention because someone else spent money on you. im pooped!

DizzyLizzy 05-08-2011 06:55 PM

Well, I guess I'm not liking the day much either...my dear nephew gave me a really nice card, my daughter got home a couple of hours ago and has yet to even say 'hello' to me......I feel like crawling in a hole

SallyC 05-08-2011 07:55 PM

:circlelove:(((((Amy))))):circlelove:

Blessings2You 05-09-2011 05:55 AM

I guess that's mostly what I don't like about Mothers Day (and lots of other commercial, man-made holidays). There is so much hoopla and hype that if your own (normal) life doesn't live up to it, it's hard not to feel as though all the voices are saying "Loser! Loser!" Such a lie, but still hard not to buy into it when we're getting fed the OTHER lie that everybody else is getting flowers and candy and hallmark-type phone calls.

Dejibo 05-09-2011 08:01 AM

DS who promised to show up at MILs house never made it. no call, no show. no card (unless you count a FB greeting of happy mothers day) and then no word from him. Started to feel bad that everyone else at least gets a call from their kid today! then I talked myself out of that. He is young, newly single, just broken away from a very bad relationship and is sowing his oats, and doesnt need MD slowing him down. He loves me everyday and its unrealistic to have him take his ONLY day off to run across 2 states to sit with me. BAH! hallmark needs to be shot!

Kitty 05-09-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejibo (Post 768831)
DS who promised to show up at MILs house never made it. no call, no show. no card (unless you count a FB greeting of happy mothers day) and then no word from him. Started to feel bad that everyone else at least gets a call from their kid today! then I talked myself out of that. He is young, newly single, just broken away from a very bad relationship and is sowing his oats, and doesnt need MD slowing him down. He loves me everyday and its unrealistic to have him take his ONLY day off to run across 2 states to sit with me. BAH! hallmark needs to be shot!

Dej, I agree with you. My boys do things for me every day. Every day! Oldest DS calls me every day just to check up and make sure I'm okay and not in need of anything. It's too bad that this commercial man-made "day" has to be presented in such a way that it makes everything seem inadequate. If Sunday was my son's only day off from work I would not want him to use it just to visit me because some commercial company said he had to. I'd rather get the other 364 days of "him" and know that he enjoyed his day off. That's a good Mother's Day gift. There's too much guilt being generated out there.

SallyC 05-09-2011 01:08 PM

DD came to bring me groceries yest, just like evey Sunday, brought the kids and a couple of funny cards. DSS #1 called and sent flowers and DSS #2 = notta.:D, but I know he loves me. I hope he called his natural Mother or his Azz is grass..:eek: