NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   You will not believe what I did today! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/109538-believe.html)

legzzalot 12-02-2009 03:31 PM

You will not believe what I did today!

For the first time in over a year I left my house....wearing....

My cute boots with heels!!!!:Excited:

And I didn't fall! Not even once!!

Since the wonderfulness that is my chiro has been adjusting my whole body (shoulders and all), I have finally gotten most of the feeling back in my left leg which has improved the balance issues... So I have been doing my exercises and breaking out in my cute shoes and practicing around the house when no one is looking and today... I did it!! It was great!

Mind you, it only lasted about an hour and I took them off as soon as I got home and my calfs yelled at me, but dang it i got to wear my cute boots!

AZjanie 12-02-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legzzalot (Post 595775)
For the first time in over a year I left my house....wearing....

My cute boots with heels!!!!:Excited:

And I didn't fall! Not even once!!

Since the wonderfulness that is my chiro has been adjusting my whole body (shoulders and all), I have finally gotten most of the feeling back in my left leg which has improved the balance issues... So I have been doing my exercises and breaking out in my cute shoes and practicing around the house when no one is looking and today... I did it!! It was great!

Mind you, it only lasted about an hour and I took them off as soon as I got home and my calfs yelled at me, but dang it i got to wear my cute boots!

Oh; You go girl!! :D

I love cute shoes and especially boots!! I know I wouldn't be able to stand much less walk in some of my heels now so:

Let's all put on our really cute shoes or boots, hang on to something or someone and do a happy dance!! :Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli:

Kitty 12-02-2009 04:45 PM

That's great! Congratulations!

I usually wear flats (Skecher's or Keds) but if I have to get dressed up I still have a few pair of "dressy" shoes that have heels. I used to not be able to wear heels at all....regardless....had to be flats. I can tolerate heels much better now (it's the LDN) and wear them when the occasion calls for it. I've gotten so used to my flats, though, that my feet get tired much quicker than they used to when I'd wear heels. It's nice to be able to wear them if I need to, though. :)

Bets 12-02-2009 06:53 PM

w00t! w00t!

tkrik 12-02-2009 07:15 PM

AWESOME!!!! Isn't that exciting when that happens. That is what I call positive progress.

I remember when I did the same with my cute wedge sandals. I was thrilled. I love wearing them as well as my other "girl" shoes. It makes you feel good. But, like you, it doesn't last long and as soon as I get in the car, they come off.:o:mad:

Congratulations!!!

DM 12-02-2009 07:24 PM

Sexy Mama!!! Bet you rocked those boots!!!

legzzalot 12-02-2009 07:59 PM

I did I rocked them all the eay to the chiro's office and back! LOL With a baig fat "look what you did!"

karousel 12-02-2009 08:26 PM

Yes! Back in the boots. Now you can build up your calf muscles and wear them all day long!!!!