NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   What tell Mayo versus what not to tell Mayo (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/210064-tell-mayo-versus-tell-mayo.html)

baba222 09-25-2014 09:12 PM

What tell Mayo versus what not to tell Mayo

Oh wise ones...
I was in excellent health a year ago.
Since then: two surgeries, truncal pain that no one can figure out, a tear to esophagus (now have a noise from throat that no one knows what it is), neuopathic pain, now a potential hernia to my most recent surgery (symptoms and area just started within last week).
So, I know they can't focus on more than 3 things, so do I just tell them everything about the truncal pain and neuropathy, or just tell them everything?

As I get ready and write it up, it sounds UNBELIEVABLE and that I am crazy and no one could have that much bad luck with medical procedures.

Suggestions?

Jomar 09-25-2014 09:30 PM

Is this something to send to them ahead of appt time, so they can read up before you get there?

I would write it up in some sort of order , like if you know some things are related to one area put those together, then the other issues in another section , then add any miscellaneous symptoms at the end..

But I would put everything on the list , keep it clear and to the point as much as possible, so they don't loose interest or get confused as they read through it.
Maybe even double space it so they can make a note if they need to for follow up questions.

baba222 09-25-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 1099166)
Is this something to send to them ahead of appt time, so they can read up before you get there?

I would write it up in some sort of order , like if you know some things are related to one area put those together, then the other issues in another section , then add any miscellaneous symptoms at the end..

But I would put everything on the list , keep it clear and to the point as much as possible, so they don't loose interest or get confused as they read through it.
Maybe even double space it so they can make a note if they need to for follow up questions.

They want you to hand carry your records and only 50 pages.
I did not have any real history until last year.
But it has been an eventful year.

I have to be careful, since doctors are very sensitive to anything said (even if provable) about another provider.

Thank you for responding!

Electron 09-25-2014 09:42 PM

Write out all of your problems and procedures, with dates, and hand to them. They may see relationships that you don't. Good luck. I hope they find something they can correct.
Ron

Jomar 09-25-2014 10:44 PM

Oh yes , but if you say something like - I had X procedure on this date

on x date these sx started happening..

no blame & no names,, just facts and time line.....:)