NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   today I have really been on a spending spree (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/246220-spending-spree.html)

mymorgy 04-02-2017 06:47 AM

today I have really been on a spending spree

I didn't sleep much last night as usual. I wonder if it partially related to lack of sleep. I bought some psoriasis cream but I knew I have to make an appt with my skin doctor.my toe has been hurting. I bought another pair of reading glasses with my new prescription. I just bought a pair from china but they take so long to be delivered. I bought two pairs of glasses with new prescription for seeing far. I bought a pair of shoes as if I don't have enough. I bought 10 bottles of hair mousse at a great price. Those should last me a long time. I am so tired.
I still feel high from the eye exam. now worried about the foot. It is sh@tty to have generalized anxiety disorder. I sent out the driver's license renewal., my rent check and another bill.I had chinese food yesterday, General Tse's, really fattening and hard boiled eggs for dinner. I guess I am racing. I think I bought something else, oh yes, a set of colorful knives. I listened to classical music most of the night and had a couple of cups of coffee
I don't know if i will go to the senior center this week. as long as I stay home and in bed I am not depressed

OhKay 04-02-2017 07:35 AM

WOW… that is quite a spending spree!

Are you feeling high/hypomanic?

mymorgy 04-02-2017 08:08 AM

I am feeling very tired. Yesterday I also bought a cheap watch and I forgot what else and am making another cup of coffee

mymorgy 04-03-2017 07:05 AM

i finally got some sleep

OhKay 04-03-2017 08:14 AM

I'm glad you finally got some sleep Bobby :)

I know you've already tried a lot of sleep meds, but maybe you could talk to your PCP or pdoc about trying something else? You have been having sleepless nights for a long time now… :hug:

Mari 04-03-2017 09:09 AM

Good to hear that you got some sleep.

M

Dmom3005 04-03-2017 09:20 AM

Glad you got some sleep. Maybe you just need to adjust when you sleep.
And not go out as much.

Also wondering do you use decaffeinated coffee. If not you might want
to try some and see if that might help.

I personally saw the list of things you bought as at least half as necessary.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 04-04-2017 06:31 AM

I hardly go out. caffeine doesn't affect me. I have had this problem for off and on for over thirty years. lately it is very bad. the three doctors have prescribed different medications. right now i am on doxepin. I woke up at two thirty this morning. Now I am on my third cup of coffee. This time around was one of the worse, I hardly slept at all and that fed itself.

OhKay 04-04-2017 07:22 AM

Caffeine does not effect me either, so I can understand that it is probably not a factor for you either because you have been drinking so much consistently for so many years. I try to stop it by 3pm, but I will have the occasional one around 8pm. I usually drink about 7 cups a day and it doesn't prevent me from napping 4-5 hours a day or sleeping at night.

I guess the Doxepin isn't working for you anymore. Do you think you need to take it if it isn't working? I wouldn't bother… why pay for it and put it in your body unnecessarily?

Doxepin was an out-of-the-box treatment that worked well for a while. Maybe your pdoc has something else up his sleeve that could work? It couldn't hurt to ask.

I want you all to be well, and I worry when you guys can't sleep :hug::hug::hug:

bizi 04-04-2017 07:26 AM

thank you kay! I have been going to bed later than usual and getting up earlier.
not good. Have been on the computer too much again, so much for moderation. I wish you did not have the anxiety.
((((HUGS)))))
bizi