NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Question about coldness (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/57685-question-coldness.html)

Denise R 10-24-2008 03:16 PM

Question about coldness

Hi,
Does everyone with fibro get cold and have to wear extra clothes even in the summer?:(
I get very cold all the time.At first I blamed it on the RSD then Neurontin.Latley I have blamed it on the Soma I take for the spasms.
But now am wondering if it's from the Fibro itself?
Any thoughts on this would surely be appreciated.:confused:
Thanks Denise:winky:

Doody 10-25-2008 02:22 PM

I'm just not sure Denise. I don't think I find the need to wear extra clothes in the hot summer.

But I do get chilled easily.

I have finally figured out, though, that any weather change gets my body going.

:hug:

mistiis 10-25-2008 02:22 PM

Hi Denise...I experience what is like chills without no fever. I believe that fibro can affect the circulation in some muscles which could give a feeling of being cold. But, if I were you, I would make sure that your doc has tested your thyroid function. Being hypothyroid can also cause you to feel cold even when it is warm outside. And a lot of people with fibro also have thyroid dysfuncion. Make sure they do a TSH as well as T3 and T4. I went undiagnosed and it can cause a lot of problems, and lead to death. Not a very pleasant ordeal!!!! Unfortunately most docs will only do the T3 and T4 and leave out the TSH. This can make thyroid function appear normal when it is not....:hug:...glad to see you here, not happy that you have to struggle with these issues though.

Doody 10-26-2008 03:26 PM

Thanks ((Mistiis)). I'll have to make sure that my physical in December includes that test. Mine always come back normal.

But yes, when my fibro is really bad, I do get chilled and feel flu-like.

Dmom3005 10-27-2008 07:39 PM

I've been cold all my life so I have no clue.

I've had my throid checked all my life too. By many different places.

Donna

tbecky 11-21-2008 01:42 PM

being cold and fibro

I have fibro and a host of other problems and yes i too get cold even in the hottest of the summer that i will put a sweater on.And the same goes for hot,also.
I am new to this group and am taking Cymbalta and a host of other meds including pain meds.The cymblata seems to help...it doesn't take all the pain away but it helps me tolerate it more.

Dmom3005 11-24-2008 04:57 PM

Welcome Becky

Hoping I have your name right.

We are a group that are always ready to listen. I also take cymbalta
and its a wonderful helpful thing for my pain and my anxiety.

I also take the generic for neurotin which I really love. I take
zanaflex too. Which I have to get a 3 month supply of.

Donna

bubber5 10-07-2009 06:30 PM

feeling cold

I am always cold and wear layers most of the time. I love 90+

Bubber5

imj9 10-12-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denise R (Post 395719)
Hi,
Does everyone with fibro get cold and have to wear extra clothes even in the summer?:(
I get very cold all the time.At first I blamed it on the RSD then Neurontin.Latley I have blamed it on the Soma I take for the spasms.
But now am wondering if it's from the Fibro itself?
Any thoughts on this would surely be appreciated.:confused:
Thanks Denise:winky:

Yes, my feet are almost always cold, especially at night. I wear socks to bed even in the warm weather.