NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   The daughter I raised (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/48009-daughter-raised.html)

yeahbut 06-16-2008 05:21 AM

The daughter I raised

Thursday I got a text message from my oldest daughter Jamie it read:

"The daughter you raised worked at the hospital for free all day, helped an old man find his way to xray on my lunch break, passed my CPR test (written and practical) with the highest possible score, returned a lost kitten to his owner and the day is only half over. I love you, Momma!"

Jamie is finishing her Radiology school and will graduate next month so she is still working for free at the hospital for another month. She is a great young woman ( I was going to say kid but she isn't a child any longer )

Just had to share!

Kitty 06-16-2008 05:36 AM

You must be so proud of her!! She sounds like an awesome person! Sounds like her Momma did a wonderful job raising her.

Isn't it nice to look at your child (who really isn't a "child" anymore) and know that they've grown up to be a really great adult?

They will always be our "children" no matter how old they are. Thanks for sharing that with us. :)

Friend2U 06-16-2008 05:37 AM

You must be so proud!

You have every right to want to shout out to the world how great she is...but why shouldn't she be...she had such a great mom!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!:hug:

AfterMyNap 06-16-2008 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahbut (Post 302208)
Thursday I got a text message from my oldest daughter Jamie it read:

"The daughter you raised worked at the hospital for free all day, helped an old man find his way to xray on my lunch break, passed my CPR test (written and practical) with the highest possible score, returned a lost kitten to his owner and the day is only half over. I love you, Momma!"

Jamie is finishing her Radiology school and will graduate next month so she is still working for free at the hospital for another month. She is a great young woman ( I was going to say kid but she isn't a child any longer )

Just had to share!

Wow, what a great message to get from the daughter you raised!!!!:hug:

Just to clarify, um, she did all that in one day?:o:cool:

Kitty 06-16-2008 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 302217)
Just to clarify, um, she did all that in one day?:o:cool:

Well, we know where she got it from.....just look at all Yabbit's going to do this week!! She makes me feel sorta lazy......:o

Jodylee 06-16-2008 06:06 AM

Oh Yabbit, you are such a lucky mom and she is sich a lucky daugter to have you! :) I have boys. They grunt in my direction every once in a while, LOL.

yeahbut 06-16-2008 07:29 AM

I am very lucky - I have two wonderful daughters

tkrik 06-16-2008 08:31 AM

YB that is awesome! What a great mom you are and you should feel so proud of the daughter you raised.

ewizabeth 06-16-2008 09:18 AM

Wow Char! You are a lucky Mom! What a wonderful daughter you have! :hug:

SallyC 06-16-2008 09:36 AM

Well, that just brought Happy Tears to my eyes.:hug:

A special hug for DD for writing that to you...:hug: