NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Did I miss anything? (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/162118-miss.html)

Bob Dawson 12-16-2011 12:18 PM

Did I miss anything?

Had orbit re-entry problems. Anything I should be ranting and raving about? The last I heard, we all have Parkinson's. But they were trying to fix us.

imark3000 12-17-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dawson (Post 832892)
Had orbit re-entry problems. Anything I should be ranting and raving about? The last I heard, we all have Parkinson's. But they were trying to fix us.

Dear Bob,
I saw my neurologist recently. He spent less than 10 minutes with me and then delivered the sinemet prescription and told me he will see me in 6 months adding that nothing will happen in 6 months.
Now to answer your question, I may say that you may have stayed out of orbit for another 10 years in order to see some thing new in the Parkinson Kingdom. However, you would be greatly missed. :).
Imad

paula_w 12-17-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imark3000 (Post 833295)
Dear Bob,
I saw my neurologist recently. He spent less than 10 minutes with me and then delivered the sinemet prescription and told me he will see me in 6 months adding that nothing will happen in 6 months.
Now to answer your question, I may say that you may have stayed out of orbit for another 10 years in order to see some thing new in the Parkinson Kingdom. However, you would be greatly missed. :).
Imad

imad you are so right. i spent the last 2 and 1/2 mos. in a progressive care center with a fractured leg and saw a lot of alzheimers there, some not that old. To compound it, many have hearing problems. I have seen the future and it isn't pretty. i will try to get a positive attitude back but right now i feel like i returned from the battlefield.

paula

Conductor71 12-18-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dawson (Post 832892)

Researchers have found around 10 more things that cause Parkinson's none of which any of us have or have done because we have the sporadic, just woke up and there it was, garden variety.

Oh, and Ceregene researchers seem to be suggesting that maybe all our neurons are not dying but rather blocked, or impaired because our axons have lost a lot more dopamine than anything else. That it happens pretty early on but since they cannot seem to screen us for anything, it really does not matter.

The FDA,when asked pointedly how they can justify holding Duodopa hostage for eleven years, just give you a non-answer.

Welcome Back!

Laura