NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   MS and Humidity (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/105153-ms-humidity.html)

SallyC 10-09-2009 12:54 PM

MS and Humidity

I have discovered, in all my wisdom:rolleyes:, something worse than heat and humidity, for MS. It's called COLD and humid.

At least, with heat, you can turn on the A/C. to get rid of the humidity....when it's cold, you turn on the heat and the humidity stays. :eek:

Rainy, cold and humid together, is now, my new #1 enemy.:mad: Anyone knows whats I talkin 'bout?

Kitty 10-09-2009 01:22 PM

Up until now I haven't had any problems with cold and humidity. This winter has yet to be seen, though. :rolleyes:

Heat and humidity just wither me. And living in the South we have lots of heat and lots of humidity. Just like today.....it's supposed to rain and also be in the upper 80's. :mad: It always does this. Teases us for a week or so with beautiful weather and then zaps us with Indian Summer.

I hope this winter proves to be the same as the others. Of course, winter here in GA is a little different than winter in OH or farther North. :o

Blessings2You 10-09-2009 05:02 PM

Cold, damp weather (such as today) gets me from two directions: MS and arthritis. We won't even mention the mood thing.

Dejibo 10-09-2009 05:43 PM

I find the turn of any season now to be an adjustment for me. Winters first chill, or fall's first frosty nights bring stiff joints, and I feel like the tin man who needs oil. takes a while to warm up and get going. As the season wears on, i will get better, but those first few days reallys slap me.

Jappy 10-10-2009 03:26 PM

I manage better in the summer. As you said a/c is my best friend.

But, for some reason the winter, I can't warm up. The dampness just
seems to stay. One thing I have found out that it is worse here in Ky then
it was in NJ. My feet stay cold, and my nose. Does anyone else always
have a cold nose?

Plus the arth. is getting worse. I turn the heat up and the minute it
shuts off, I start feeling the dampness and start all over again and feel
cold. Keep playing with the termostat.

Jappy :eek:

pud's friend 10-11-2009 05:54 AM

I struggle in the cold and the wet. The hunched-over-cold-trudge-to-the-field-posture really knots my back and shoulders.
We've had the longest, coldest, wettest winter in years. cold cold cold. And me too, my feet are so cold all the time. i wonder if there's any blood there!

I SO need some warmmmmth. Someone turn the sun up please !!

And kick me when I start moaning in about 3 weeks when we hit summer overnight. :eek:

PolarExpress 10-11-2009 10:51 AM

I haven't had a problem with cold and humid..Usually if it's cold, the humidity is low (doesn't stop the snow, though..darn it). Even slightly warm weather with humidity knocks me down. Cold just causes pain ("just"..hahaha).

karilann 10-13-2009 12:34 AM

Cold is not my friend

Spasticity is a real problem for me and the cold weather is my worse enemy. I can escape the heat, but the cold....OMG.....I have to get a heating pad....take a warm shower.....get under an electric blanket....anything to get the knots out of my muscles. A blast of cold air can hit my face and send my neck and shoulders into painful spasms.:( I have even invested in some of those over the counter patches that heat up for when I unexpectedly get the spasms and have no way to relieve them. AHHHHHHHH

SallyC 10-13-2009 11:22 AM

I started this thread to B**** about, not just the cold, but humidity with the cold. I am finding it more and more unbarrible..:mad:

I understand your justifiable complaints with the way the cold effects your MS bodies. I hate both (hot & cold) extremes, but, if I stay in out of the weather, I can get myself cool in the summer or warm in the winter.....It's the dang high HUMIDITY, that permiates my home and makes me a wet noodle, whenever!!:mad:

:grouphug:

SandyC 10-13-2009 12:49 PM

Jim understands and would answer for himself but he's stuck in the pretzel position thanks to the cold and humidity. The cold tenses him up, the humidity swells him up and wreaks havoc on his sinuses and fatigue. We're thinking the desert is a good place to be about now. Cold with no humidity.