NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Diabetes / Insulin Resistance / Metabolic Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/diabetes-insulin-resistance-metabolic-syndrome/)
-   -   Fibromylagia/Myofascial or Cushings? (https://www.neurotalk.org/diabetes-insulin-resistance-metabolic-syndrome/206617-fibromylagia-myofascial-cushings.html)

kalli 07-08-2014 09:04 PM

Fibromylagia/Myofascial or Cushings?

I got diagnosed with Fibro/Myo in 2012. Since 6 months I gained 30 pounds rapidly, causing stretch marks over my stomach and my breasts. I am not pregnant and the weight came rapidly and within 2 months. I have tried to maintain active and everything. I was on Cymbalta 60 mg and weaned myself off (doctor's orders) and have been off for 2 months (was on it for about a year). I am wondering could I have Cushing's syndrome? Since it overlaps a lot of symptoms of fibro and myofasical. Just want to lose this weight and try to help my body heal.

sick-of-being-sick3 07-16-2014 10:15 PM

is this to old to reply to??

i was found to surprise my new rhumatoligist

he said i had chronic fatige chronic pain and fibro fron day i was born

nice to know 40 years to late

i used to be 200 max 6.3 i wasn't watching close now im 320 with boobs as big as my wife:eek::confused:

if you look at reputable sites mayo clinic and other proper online sites fibro and others have weight problems if you go to** and look your meds up i found everyone of my drugs had weight problems a double whammy

plus my lower back hips and shoulders are damaged and i just got diagnosed with it band problems it is like sticking a knife in your thigh and trying to move

a ten is a very good day for me its a challenge wanna hit me more it will hit you harder and do more

never give up or let it win good luck

St George 2013 07-17-2014 08:25 AM

Oh sick of being sick :)

You made me laugh with your post and I sure needed a good laugh this morning.

Have a good day :)

And to Kalli,

So sorry for all you are going through. I'm on 60 mg of Cymbalta at night and I also take 1800 mg of gabapentin daily. I have small fiber neuropathy. I am overweight and it is very hard staying at this weight while taking the above meds.

Take care :) :hug:

Debi from Georgia

mrsD 07-17-2014 08:32 AM

Cushings would give hypertension, facial hair growth and hair on the body in a male distribution, acne, and in some extreme cases behavior changes approaching psychosis. Cushingoid obesity typically involves the face quite a bit...some doctors use this sign to decide on testing for it.

There are blood tests for this, so a visit to your doctor could help diagnose this.

There are two basic forms of Cushing's. One is a pituitary adenoma, and the other is a tumor on the adrenal gland.